The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old April 24, 2009, 01:35 PM   #1
mbobbyg

how much is my shotgun worth!

I have a ithica 1959 model M66 lever action shotgun probly 50 years old that i have unable to find anyone to give me a value of it is there anyone that can help with getting the value?
Old April 24, 2009, 01:55 PM   #2
Joat

The answer to your question.
Old April 24, 2009, 02:48 PM   #3
Evyl Robot

It's not worth anything. In fact, those were made of radioactive material, and it's dangerous to even be in the proximity of. You should send it to me immediately for disposal.

--Michael
Old April 24, 2009, 02:52 PM   #4
BigJimP

In my opinion - depending on condition $ 50 - $ 300. But anything over
$ 150 is going to demand the gun be in almost new condition / no major scratches, etc.

I see one around once in a while is used gun stores / but I don't think I've seen one in a year or so.
Old April 25, 2009, 05:48 AM   #5
earlthegoat2

These are not that desireable and most owners of them would just as soon use it as a hammer as shoot it.
Old April 25, 2009, 11:17 AM   #6
Mike Irwin
Staff

Unfortunately, they are not worth all that much. Gun Broker and Auction Arms have them occasionally. The upper price I've seen one go for recently is a little over $300, but that is way high for most.

They're decent, workable shotguns, a step above many of the single shots that are out there, but there just doesn't seem to be much interest in single shots unless they're specialty guns from one of the big name manufacturers.

I have a Ithaca Super Single 66 in 20 gauge. Kicks me like a mule, but has never given a bit of trouble.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.