The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 14, 2013, 07:01 PM   #26
Magnum Wheel Man

1st off, I love my Rugers, & tolorate a couple Tauri... but I would not trade 2 LCP's, for my one TCP... when I was buying a cheap compact gun to carry while rollerblading, I was allowed to dry fire all the compact 380's the LGS had ( & he carried them all back then, including that ultra cool psycadelic colored one ) the TCP, had hands down the best trigger, & has never misfired on me yet... the trigger on the LCP was horrible, among the worst... the S&W bodyguard was just about as bad...

Like I said, I probably own more Rugers than any other brand, but Taurus hit one out of the park with the TCP
Old January 14, 2013, 07:13 PM   #27
Kreyzhorse

Quote:
And remember the Taurus and Kel-Tec have a life time warranty that follows the pistol so if you buy it used it is covered for life. What is the LCP warranty 1 year?
Ruger actually doesn't warrant their firearms at all. They feel that with the various state laws, a warranty limits their ability to service their products.

They do however have some of the best customer service in the industry and actually stand behind their products. A lifetime warranty is only worth as much as the paper it is printed on if the maker doesn't stand behind it. Yeah, I'm looking at you Taurus.....

Now with that out of the way...the .380 is sufficient as a self defense round. If I knew I'd need a gun on a particular day, I'd pack my .45 however the small pocket guns like the TCP and LCP offer you the ability to carry no matter what your attire is for the day.

A used TCP for $250 isn't something I'd bite on. I know he wants to recover his investment but keep in mind that Taurus guns simply do not hold their value. He lost money as soon as he bought it and that is his problem, not yours.

Offer him $200 if you like for the gun and ammo. I think that is fair for both parties.
Old January 16, 2013, 12:33 PM   #28
Alabama James

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. A friend suggested polishing the feed but seems to work OK if you don't baby the slide.
Old March 8, 2013, 07:14 PM   #29
Garycw

Taurus tcp .380

Polishing the feed ramp does wonders, especially with HP.a dremel with buffer wheel @ rouge will give a mirror finish. also don't even think about using cheap Tulamo. It doesn't work with about 4 FTF outta 6. May be the primers are too hard or redressed a bit. It would strike, but not fire. Worked good in full size 380's though. I carry mine w/ crimson trace more than anything else. I liked it so well , bought another used one, but regretfully sold

Sent from iPhone
Old March 10, 2013, 05:49 PM   #30
Yung.gunr

I can't get the cheap TulAmmo to chamber in either of the .380s I own. I shoot a lot of the CHEAP ammo and this is the only issue I have run into with my TCP or the cheap ammo.
Old March 10, 2013, 06:30 PM   #31
kahrguy

To bad that the chambers are tight enought that junk wan't fit hehe. Our TCP and Bersa practice ammo is magtec or bulk remington. getting anything now is iffy. Try to find and order some RWS 380. It runs well enough. Price was right still when in stock.
Old March 10, 2013, 06:42 PM   #32
shootniron

Quote:
the LCP is a disgusting little pistol
I know, that is the reason that they sell 50 to 1 more LCP's than TCP's.

Disgusting, little suckers...
Old March 11, 2013, 12:01 PM   #33
kahrguy

Not around our area. TCP sell the day there stocked . Ruger and KT hand out a while. Well atleast up till everone went nuts. Then even highpoints sell like hot cakes.
Old March 12, 2013, 03:53 AM   #34
tristar viper

And Toyota sells more cars than Honda.....does that mean they're a better car shootiniron?
I wouldn't own an LCP unless it was the last gun available on this earth. I wouldn't trade my TCP for 3 LCP's...not a chance.
Old March 12, 2013, 09:55 AM   #35
kahrguy

I really like kahr handguns and carry one of three kahrs in 9mm or 40sw. But when I went looking for a 380 it was not a kahr !! TCP was my choice. Don't like them ?? Fine go buy what you like . Just don't whine here. Go start your own tread to brag .
Old March 21, 2013, 06:48 PM   #36
Wreck-n-Crew

Just bought one for my sister the 738 TCP so small and so light!

Kicks hard so grip tight, smallest and lightest 380 with 6 + 1 mag capacity...she loved it!

Wait till she shoots it...lol...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 738BSS_1.jpg (28.1 KB, 17 views)
Old March 22, 2013, 04:13 PM   #37
Garycw

Taurus tcp .380

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreck-n-Crew View Post
Just bought one for my sister the 738 TCP so small and so light!

Kicks hard so grip tight, smallest and lightest 380 with 6 + 1 mag capacity...she loved it!

Wait till she shoots it...lol...
It's not a range gun for sure, however she does need to shoot a few mags through it though. It's a extreme emergency gun only. Then she not be thinking about the kick. I carry mine all the time and almost forget its there.
The easiest, smoothest shooting sub compact IMO is the Sig P238. Although you need to either remember to take safety off or rack the slide before firing. Plus there more than twice the cost. I do carry it sometimes, but the TCP gets the most carry time. I like the point & shoot simplicity.
TCP

SIG

Sent from iPhone
Old March 22, 2013, 04:20 PM   #38
Garycw

Taurus tcp .380

PS..only shoot good quality ammo. The cheap Tulammo etc does not work!!
Also a very good idea to polish the feed ramp for HP feeding smooth

Sent from iPhone