The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old February 7, 2012, 09:57 AM   #1
dhurley77

Sgdg 1912 22lr "new century model"

If anyone could help out there it would be greatly appreciated. I own a belgium made 22lr it has sgdg and brevette,and 1912 stamped on barrel. I am missing the bolt for the gun. The trigger is there. Do anyone have or make bolts that i could use to replace it, because I would like to use it again
Thanks for HELP. Dan
Old February 7, 2012, 08:34 PM   #2
PetahW

Good luck with that.............. You're going to need to search FN parts vendors for a complete bolt for your Brevette 1912 - sorta like looking for a hen's tooth, at this remove, 100 years after it was made.

You could always buy an entire riffle, though, on GB with a "buy-it-now" price of $250 - http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=265513187

Last edited by PetahW; February 9, 2012 at 11:24 AM.
Old February 9, 2012, 05:22 AM   #3
gyvel

Of course the weenie on Gunbroker doesn't give us a picture of the bolt. I'm thinking that it might be the same as one of Winchester's early single shot bolt actions that were designed by Browning.

Also, It sold for $150.00.
Old February 9, 2012, 06:07 PM   #4
James K
Member In Memoriam

Sure it's Belgian? SGDG* is a French requirement; I am not sure if it had to be used on imported guns as well as those made in France. Belgian proof marks (the E L G in an oval) would prove Belgian origin.

* It means, in translation, "Without a guarantee by the government". Sort of a disavowal of the idea that granting a patent made the government responsible for the proper working of an object.

Jim
Old February 9, 2012, 10:47 PM   #5
RJay

Yes, a bolt can be machined and all the parts made , for several hundred dollars. If you gun is Belgium ( and I agree with Jim K that if there are no ELG proof marks it is French ),, then it could have been made by several different makers, Finding a bolt for an old American rifle is extremely difficult, to find a bolt for a unknown foreign rifle, I really don't think so. Sorry about that.