The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old October 22, 2011, 09:51 PM   #1
7jinxed7

Need smith advice on old charter off-duty

I bought a replacement ejector rod for my charter off-duty from Numrich(in link below). My factory one is a flat black look, the one they sent me is a aluminum color. Did they send me the wrong part for a newer style gun or do i just have to blue it or something?
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/...140&catid=9228
Old October 22, 2011, 11:42 PM   #2
quepasakimosabe

I have ordered several parts from them and some truly have been for model variants, try the part so see if it fits first. I would worry about color and finish after fitment. I have had to slightly modify parts such as extractors slightly. I dont see you having to modify the ejector rod at all. I'd just check for fitment and then color/finish accordingly.
Old October 23, 2011, 01:02 PM   #3
7jinxed7

I wasn't expecting to have to start coloring parts. I thought it would already be the correct color. Is their anything cheap and easy for a beginner i could use to color it? I've never had to do anything like that before.
Old October 23, 2011, 03:28 PM   #4
PetahW

Numrich most likely sent you a stainless steel part for your non-stainless gun.

Old October 23, 2011, 06:17 PM   #5
quepasakimosabe

Coloring depends on what metal you have. There is epoxy spay on finished avaliable if is stainless, there are cold blues avaliable if its steel and so forth and so on. without a picture or part I cannot say one or the other, you might try calling numerich and asking if they can send you a black one if shipping it back and waiting is an option. You can also go to you LGS and ask them if you are unfamiliar or uncomfortable with the process. Nothing ventured, nothing learned!