The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 27, 2005, 02:40 PM   #1
pointfiveoh

H B E leather

Do any of you members have any leather made by Eric Larsen? I've been browsing his site and may have to get one for a 226. If possible I'd like to spend my money with the little guy, and was wondering if any of you have tried his products. Also, are there advantages to different color holsters for ccw? I was thinking natural would be best b/c it's closest to my skin color and may make recognition of the weapon more difficult, but that mahogany sure is sweet.

P.S. The finishes on Eric's leather goods are mighty purty!
Old March 27, 2005, 03:37 PM   #2
dairycreek

[IMG][/IMG]

I have two holsters made for my CZ pistols by Eric at HBE. The pic above is of a CZ P-01 and one of the holsters made by Eric. High quality at a very, very reasonable price.

As to color that, IMHO, is largely a matter of personal choice. My holsters come in natural because I like it.

Based on my personal experience with HBE I recommend them without reservation.

GOOD SHOOTING
Old March 28, 2005, 02:37 PM   #3
Eric Larsen

Dairy Creek.......you have to quit doing that! Man, Im going broke from the endorsement checks! Ya, I know.....Im strange!

The holster he has shown you all, is one of my most popular holsters now.....and I named it the "DC Special".......simply because he helped me design it over the phone. Im wearing one as I type this...............DC doesnt stand for Dual Clip...It stands for Dairy Creek.

Point.....thanks for the kind words.....sincerely. My leather has to function perfectly or I wont sell it. I make it from a gunners point of view and if it turns out pretty on top of that...then I did alright. You can check out the customers photos on my website for a vast array of what things look like. Im not the best, but Im trying my best to get there and my stuff gets better everyday.

Thanks for the kind words and if I can help, just yell..........Shoot well, Eric

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice......Rush
Old April 1, 2005, 07:58 PM   #4
XD Niner

Eric,

Stop wasting your time on this forum and get cracking on the XD holster I ordered. I'm dying to find it in my mail box!
Old April 15, 2005, 02:26 PM   #5
pointfiveoh

Eric,
If you were to make me something like a Galco Royal Guard, the iwb w/ fbi cant, natural, rough side out, horse hide, about what would that run me? Email me and I'll get back to you pretty fast, I'm currently working on how to conceal my p226. [email protected]
Old May 8, 2005, 06:34 PM   #6
wun_8_seven

i have a nice hbe holster, quality is very good. but, it was like pulling teeth to get eric to send it to me. as long as your not in a hurry his product is good.
Old May 8, 2005, 09:49 PM   #7
XD Niner

I received my Com-3 IWB for my XD-9 Service after about a twelve week wait. It is very well crafted as well as being very functional. It was a long wait but the end result was worth it. I won't hesitate to order from Eric again. He does excellent work for a very reasonable price.
Old May 8, 2005, 11:49 PM   #8
pointfiveoh

Yep, I'm waiting on my pro iwb as we speak. I'm hoping to be on the 8 week side of the 8-12 week forcast
Old May 22, 2005, 08:22 AM   #9
Beachcomber

H.B.E. Leather

H.B.E. makes some real nice holsters. I had one made for my Browning HP and it's top notch! Now if we can only get Eric to start making some revolver holsters... I need one for my S&W 696.