The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old September 16, 2007, 11:25 PM   #26
3 weelin geezer

Quote:
KyleH

I mostly just want to build one to use. Buying one would not be fun or interesting to me. Not to mention the cost involved, I am in college and run a small eBay business to fund that, I do not wish to spend the money for the suppressor and the tax stamp. I am not sure I even want to build it if its going to cost me $200, this is a lot of money to someone like myself who could use that towards my business.
Why would you use money from your business to fund this project if it can't absorb a $200 hit? $200 invested in a business really doesn't buy much anyways. Besides, it wouldn't come from the business but instead from your disposable profits income. Either way, you still have to pay the tax whether you make it or buy it and from the prices I have seen, it would be cheaper to just buy it if you are really interested. How would building one make it fun or interesting anyways? Its supposed to be fun and interesting when you shoot the gun and only hear a loud Poof. And the car muffler would work very well I think even if you don't pack it with anything depending on what you use it for but it will be unbearably heavy. Not to mention how funny it would look at the range. They would definately tease you on it being "home made".
Old September 19, 2007, 04:00 PM   #27
seeker_two

You know....after reading this thread...I'm think I'm gonna get one of those NFA tax stamps before I buy another bottle of soda...just in case...