The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old April 7, 2002, 01:59 PM   #1
Kilroy

New Stoeger...a Benelli copy?

At a local gunshop, they had one of the new Stoeger Semi-Auto 12 gauge shotguns. On disassembly, about the only thing that did not appear to be a near copy of the Benelli was the recoil spring, which is placed around the magazine tube. Everything else was very similar. I am going to found out how reliable it is.

Anyone else taken a look? They come in three flavors so far, as to finish and furniture.
Old April 7, 2002, 06:13 PM   #2
rugerfreak

I was considering the Deluxe version of the Stoeger----VERY nice wood on both the forearm and buttstock for $599---but i wound up with the Beretta version of the Benelli---an ES100. It had been sitting on the rack for quite some time and the dealer was very motivated to get rid of it---I've seen them at other dealers for $250 more than I paid for mine.

The Stoeger seemed to be a nice gun---but as far as know--its still sitting there. I guess no one wants to take a chance on something new and different. But then again--I came real close to buying it.