The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 12, 2000, 08:56 PM   #1
Jonathan Chenault

does anyone know where i can get a reasonably inexpensive synthetic stock for a remington 870 20-guage pump action? if so let me know
Old January 12, 2000, 09:34 PM   #2
Al Thompson
Staff Alumnus

Have you tried calling Remington? Several times I've found that the factory will sell replacement parts cheaper than anyone else. (and I've found the inverse too)

------------------
"I don't make enough money to buy cheap stuff" - Mark Manning

Old January 13, 2000, 12:05 PM   #3
John Overbey

Yeah, check out ASPI in LA. They are great guys and will ship to you same day usually. They have the best prices I've found for a lot of stuff. I just checked their site before replying and they have the Speedfeed solid stock set for Remington 870's that includes the fore-end for $35!

You can also check the other stuff they've got like stocks with the magazine tubes, tactical stocks, etc. Here's a link to their speedfeed page . Hope this helps.
-John

[This message has been edited by John Overbey (edited January 13, 2000).]
Old January 13, 2000, 02:21 PM   #4
saylerman

I'll secong ASPI for good prices on SpeedFeed stuff. I bought my SpeedFeed III Tactical stock set from them last month. BUT - I don't know about the "will ship same day". I was told when I ordered that the set would go right out, but it still took two weeks for it to get to me in Arizona via UPS (no "wait for check to clear", I paid by credit card).

In my experience - Good merchandise, good prices, but a bit slow on the delivery. Overall - Yeah, I'd buy from them again.

DWJ