The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 15, 1998, 08:23 PM   #1
JohnN

What is the best ghost ring sight setup?

Thanks,
John
Old November 15, 1998, 10:21 PM   #2
snoman

I have a set from Sage and they are great. they have earsaround the front and rear sights.
Old November 17, 1998, 10:48 AM   #3
motorep

I also have the MMC, on my Benelli M1, ghost ring rear, serrated blade front. As far as what's best - what's your intended use ?If it's a combat gun I'd go with the shielded "winged" front sight. Mine's for 3gun use, I feel that the wings are distracting clutter.I do have defensive shotguns - 870s -with just the bead front sight.
Old December 31, 1999, 05:49 PM   #4
82dPathfinder

I would like to revive this thread and expand on it a bit. I want to install the MMC Ghostring rear and protected wing, blade front on my 11/87. It has the Choate pistol grip stock with matching forend. The current sight setup is stock RC rifle sighted 20" barrel. It's intended role is HD. I don't hunt with it.
Here's the question: Who are the more reputable gunsmiths to have this done? I want a fast turn around if possible.
Thanks in advance.
Old January 1, 2000, 09:15 AM   #5
David Schmidbauer
Retired Screen Name

I've got a MMC rear with a Tritium front post on my Beretta 1201 (Gunsite Police Shotgun).

Love the setup
Old January 1, 2000, 11:18 AM   #6
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

The Peep sights on both my HD 870 and my Deer hunting 870 are identical, Williams receiver sights with the aperture removed. Small difference on the front, tho,the HD sight is hooded while t'other isn't. Both front sights are standard ramp/post/bead.

While there are more complicated/expensive /fashionable setups out there, this one will do the job if I do mine....