The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 30, 1999, 03:22 PM   #1
Mark M33

When the detent on the magazine holder is flatened for extention, I was told that the spring retainer will not be able to be put back. My question is, how do you convert it back for hunting, without the retainer one cannot use the plug. Any solution to this HD and hunting 870 Super
Express Mag?M33
Old December 31, 1999, 05:41 AM   #2
Woody

Just take the magazine extension off the shotgun and intstall the standard magazine spring plug and retainer push the mag spring and plug and the original retainer cap into the magazine tube and screw the magazine cap on. You will not know any difference. The reason that they put the dimples in the mag tube is to make it easier to disasemble the gun for cleaning. The retainer holds the mag spring in place and you don't have to worry about it when you want to take the barrel off for cleaning, unless you want to clean the mag tube.

Woody

[This message has been edited by Woody (edited December 31, 1999).]
Old January 1, 2000, 09:13 AM   #3
Mark M33

Thanks Woody, I'll have it done since it is no big deal.M33