The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old November 4, 2010, 09:31 AM   #1
HuntinGal

Need help w/ my Marlin 3030

Ok I need help please I have a Marlin C3030 is how the model reads and serial # starts w/ 14.. It was a gift and lets just say it now needs a new stock and Im not sure where to turn. Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited by HuntinGal; November 4, 2010 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Title
Old November 4, 2010, 02:56 PM   #2
MDB

To date your Marlin subtract 14 from 100. That will be the year of manufacture. It is different when the serial number starts with a letter. Then there were a few years when they used the year itself. Are you confused yet. You might find a stock set on the dreaded e-bay.
Old November 4, 2010, 03:05 PM   #3
ronto

Join and ask your question at www.marlinowners.com many knowledgeable and helpful members there. Tell them ronto sent you.
"We will do this: we will hang together, we will keep our organization, our arms, our discipline, our hatred of oppression, until one universal shout goes up from an admiring age that this Missouri Cavalry Division preferred exile to submission, death to dishonor".

General Joseph O. Shelby, CSA (1830-1897)

The only Confederate General who refused to surrender himself or his 1,000+ "Iron Brigade".
Old November 4, 2010, 04:00 PM   #4
HuntinGal

Awesome! Thanks for the fyi every time I search C3030 for the model I get information for a 336 or a 1865..
Old November 12, 2010, 07:41 PM   #5
PetahW

Although Marlin individually fits/numbers each buttstock to it's receiver, the stocks are basically interchangeable between your rifle and the Model 336, Model 444 & Model 1895 (s).

Ergo, so will the $69.95 replacement wood stocks for the Marlins, available at www.cabelas.com

The gun parts houses, like Numrich Arms (google), also carries stocks.

Additionally, Marlin stocks are usually available on several online auction sites, like E-Bay, gunbroker, & auctionarms.

Your rifle's DOM is not an issue regarding stock replacement, as it would be with another manufacturer's rifle.