The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old September 8, 2008, 07:04 AM   #26
TwoXForr

Are you serious Shaman or are you pulling are leg.

Quote:
so we came up with a plan. we loaded up everything in the house, including black powder. my brother and i went up the hill to try and stop em before they got to the women.
Who are you Marshal Dillon?
All America lies at the end of the wilderness road, and our past is not a dead past, but still lives in us. Our forefathers had civilization inside themselves, the wild outside. We live in the civilization they created, but within us the wilderness still lingers. What they dreamed, we live, and what they lived, we dream.
Old September 8, 2008, 07:28 AM   #27
Stagger Lee

I read Shaman's post at:
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...23#post3018023

It was so ridiculous that my dog lying on the rug nearby called "BS!"

Shaman's also the author of this gem:
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...41#post3024141

Take his posts for the obvious fiction that he's writing them as.
Old September 8, 2008, 07:55 AM   #28
Saab1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaman
fortunately they never crossed onto our property so i didnt have to light em up with my galil.
Isn't Galil an Israeli standard issue infantry rifle? I'm surprised that Kalifornia
let you have that stuff.

Have you combined bits and pieces of two completely different events,
perhaps one of which is a Western movie?
22lr: Ruger Mk III/45
Old September 8, 2008, 08:59 AM   #29
ringworm

dont stop.
keep the windows rolled up and the doors locked.
Old September 8, 2008, 12:35 PM   #30
mpage

Quote:
In Kali, it's real clear. Rich folks live in certain areas, like The Palisades, Malibu, etc. They either have police, or, more likely, they have a very efficient private security firm. They also own guns. LOTS of guns.
I don't know that that's true; I'm convinced that your average left-coast affluent Californian doesn't own a firearm and never will.

Quote:
If he wins there will be riots as well. The country is full of idiots on either side of the fence.
Yeah. Sure.
Old September 8, 2008, 01:11 PM   #31
ilbob

Quote:
Malarkey. There will be no race riots if BO looses. There will be no race riots if BO wins.
And you say this based on what evidence? There are riots when sports teams win, and occasionally when they lose.

The last LA riot was over a thug who got a minor beating from some cops.
Old September 8, 2008, 01:19 PM   #32
Creature

Quote:
And you say this based on what evidence?
No evidence needed or required...that's my opinion.

Quote:
Really? I thought it was the acquittal of the police from wrong doing stemming from that case...
Old September 8, 2008, 02:40 PM   #33
Stevie-Ray

Quote:
I guess the real question is, what would you do with marauding gangs, no police or fire, for two days? How would you get out, or, would you abandon your home, or store? What if you couldn't get out?
I would NOT abandon my home, nor would anyone in this neighborhood. Anytime there is a hint of uprising, we quell it before it takes root. There has been some minor disturbances lately and they are being looked after right now. Some of the neighbors are non-confrontational and have moved here from truly bad areas of metro-Detroit, to get away from the violence. They are more than happy to let us handle the business of keeping this a fairly quiet area. Neighborhood watch means what it implies. Sometimes I can't understand the idiots that see the signs and yet think we're ripe for the picking.
In the case of a true gang-style uprising, I think we're also ready for that. The Koreans had it right and as far as I'm concerned, they showed themselves to be true Americans.
There was talk going around coming from the local kids, that punks stay out of this neighborhood because "those people are crazy!" Well, I don't really care what they think, as long as they stay out.
Old September 8, 2008, 03:37 PM   #34
longeyes

I live in an "arty" (read: leftist) part of L.A. I'm sure my Obama-supporting neighbors will "dialogue" with the rioters, without pre-conditions, and make them see the folly of their aggressive ways.

Me, I'll be charging magazines just in case the rioters aren't persuaded.
"Ah...what trouble?" ~Jeremiah Johnson
Old September 8, 2008, 03:42 PM   #35
mpage

Quote:
The point of my post was that Rodney King was a situation orchestrated by gangs in LA, with one goal: Make huge amounts of money by looting.

These gangs are armed with any firearm they want, since they don't care about the laws, and, if they can smuggle enough people to make Kali a 48% Spanish state, how many AK-47s, and ammo do you think they have???

The timing with Rodney Kings' trial was just window dressing...
This is NOT about RACE. It's about gangs...
Gangs didn't orchestrate the L.A. riots.

Also, the majority of the looters were everyday "Hispanic" immigrants.
Old September 8, 2008, 08:17 PM   #36
shaman

it happened.

i should have pointed out in the previous post that this was eastern texas, up in the country north of houston. it was a 15 acre tract of land. they had a big big party going on the next tract of land, music loud as hell.

when people scream out your name and your siblings names threatening to kill you, you do whats necessary.

it was fortunate we did not have to shoot.

staggerlee, the silly zombie post was just that, silly... gosh, who would shoot zombies with a stutzen? it was the clip thing in that thread, and the mossy shotty thing, i was jesting about how uptight folks are about that. i am happy you have a talking dog, this could make you a lot of money.

you are all, of course, free to call me a liar. i figgered it would happen because the tale is unreal. there was this sense of impossibility we were all feeling. it was commented more than once that this just cant be happening.

i bought the galil in florida while i was in the navy. gave 650 bucks for it in the fall of 88. i sold it at the astrohall at a gunshow in 93 for 950 bucks.
bad move, that.
Old September 8, 2008, 08:35 PM   #37
New_Pollution1086

I live at the back of an apt complex in a college town in NorCal. If a riot occurs which is not necessarily an unlikely situation, they would be drunk college kids, the sight of someone with a gun would deter most any brave ones will soon learn im a good shot.

Mossy 500, a kel-tec su-16, and a m1 carbine say leave me alone.

T
- T. Boone Pickens
Old September 8, 2008, 08:38 PM   #38
zxcvbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbob
The fact that he was a thug makes it OK for the police to beat the crap out of him? Wow. How many times did they hit him on that video?
Old September 8, 2008, 08:46 PM   #39
black

Quote:
Malarkey. There will be no race riots if BO looses. There will be no race riots if BO wins.
I remember the LA and Crown Heights riots. I know BO is backed by many community organizers like Sharpton, Jackson and others.

I am not taking my chances on Nov. 4th. If he looses, i feel there will be riots, new anchors, journalists and some hollywood types will try and commit suicide.
Old September 8, 2008, 09:21 PM   #40
mpage

It's been almost an article of faith amongst those on the right to hold up these Koreans as heroes, but it needs to be pointed out that many of them were shooting indiscriminately at folks. They were acting with the same high-handedness that caused them to be targeted in the first place.
Old September 8, 2008, 09:26 PM   #41
pax

Moderator note

Okay, guys, this thread's gotten a bit off topic. So ... it's either re-focus it, or close it. I think it can be refocused.

Please confine your posts to ways to plan ahead if you believe a riot is a possibility in your area.

Let's not debate anything else here. A lot of the chatter in this thread really belongs down in the Legal & Political forum, if it belongs anywhere on TFL. Since this is the Tactics forum, please confine your remarks to discussing tactics rather than politics.

Thanks!

pax
Old September 8, 2008, 09:32 PM   #42
MrNiceGuy

Quote:
What can we learn from the Rodney King riots and looting?

always have a box truck and a looting schedule ready.

When determining which items to loot first, think about the logistics. How much can i get for each item? How hard will it be to sell each item? and how easy will it be to trace the item after the riots?

Items like Jewelry are well and good, but are harder to sell quickly and are easily traceable.
Large electronics can sell quicker, but buyers must be made aware that all warranties are void and contacting the manufacturer may result in incarceration.
Old September 8, 2008, 09:36 PM   #43
pax

Never mind. It's too far gone.

If anyone wants to discuss this seriously, please start another thread. This one's done.

pax
Closed Thread