The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old September 15, 2008, 06:03 AM   #1
Greguw

Selling Guns before I had my C&R

Hey guys , I have a few guns that are able to be sold using my c&r , the guns were bought before I had my c&r thru a FFL transfer , do I need to log the gun in to my self before logging the gun out if I am selling the guns with my c&r .
Thanks
Old September 15, 2008, 06:22 AM   #2
VaFisher

If using your C&R they need to be loged in before you can log out.
Old September 15, 2008, 10:32 AM   #3
HKuser

ANY C&R transactions, while you hold the license, whether or not done using the license, have to go into your bound book. If acquired before the license, you record only the disposition, not the acquisition.
Old June 1, 2009, 05:26 AM   #4
Greguw

This guys turning into a heart attack . I asked for a FFL not a C&R , I was ok with that the gun was in the book . So I got his C&R and he receiver the gun , is now pushing for a copy of my drivers license .
I logged him in and told him he should do the same .
The guy was supprised that I had a C&R , but still prefers a copy of my drivers license .
I have a local guy who is ATF but is a partner in a local gun shop , I have to get over and talk to him ... something sounds fishie with this guy I sold the gun to .

Last edited by Greguw; June 1, 2009 at 08:02 AM.
Old June 1, 2009, 08:00 PM   #5
j-framer

Greguw,

There is absolutely no requirement whatsoever for you to furnish a copy of your driver's license or other ID to someone you shipped a C&R firearm to.

The "Acquisition" portion of the buyer's bound book record requires only the name of the person from whom the gun was received and either that person's FFL# or name and address.

Get on the phone with your buyer and tell him to read the materials that accompanied his C&R FFL.

Last edited by j-framer; June 1, 2009 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Remove confusing information