The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old August 30, 2009, 10:01 AM   #1
ReNtaPiG

Glockworx Upgrades

What up Blockheads...errr Glockheads..sorry LOL

I have a question about some upgrades I have done to my 17..I've installed numerous upgrades from Glockworx consisting of a tactical trigger system, 3.5lb race connector and competition spring kit (trigger, safety plunger and striker)...making the pull and reset VERY nice!!

Now I noticed one thing just yesterday at the range and I'm curious to know if this has happened to anyone else...I fired off 36 rounds (2 full mags and 2 rounds of the 3rd) when the Glock fired off 2 rounds from one pull. I will admit I stopped and just looked down range for about 10 seconds and continued to fire the rest of the rounds in the magazine.

It did happen one more time on my last box of ammo 150 rounds total.

Now I'm in no way an expert gunsmith but I was thinking and maybe someone can either verify or debunk my logic. Because of the shorter reset and pretravel of the tactical trigger and together with the lighter pull of the connector and spring kit, I was thinking my slow trigger pull caused the Glock to "Bump Fire" so to speak...what does the consensus say???
Old August 30, 2009, 07:32 PM   #2
vox rationis

Quote:
What up Blockheads...errr Glockheads..sorry LOL

I have a question about some upgrades I have done to my 17..I've installed numerous upgrades from Glockworx consisting of a tactical trigger system, 3.5lb race connector and competition spring kit (trigger, safety plunger and striker)...making the pull and reset VERY nice!!

Now I noticed one thing just yesterday at the range and I'm curious to know if this has happened to anyone else...I fired off 36 rounds (2 full mags and 2 rounds of the 3rd) when the Glock fired off 2 rounds from one pull. I will admit I stopped and just looked down range for about 10 seconds and continued to fire the rest of the rounds in the magazine.

It did happen one more time on my last box of ammo 150 rounds total.

Now I'm in no way an expert gunsmith but I was thinking and maybe someone can either verify or debunk my logic. Because of the shorter reset and pretravel of the tactical trigger and together with the lighter pull of the connector and spring kit, I was thinking my slow trigger pull caused the Glock to "Bump Fire" so to speak...what does the consensus say???
OK, so the first thing do do is to not fire this gun anymore as it is "doubling" and I think it can even eventually go full auto on you. It sounds like there isn't adequate striker to cruciform engagement.

You need to contact Glockworx immediately and inform them of the problem.

Again I wouldn't fire the pistol anymore, unless you put the stock parts back, but one thing you may try after making sure that the pistol is unloaded, is to see if the gun will drop the striker as the trigger resets (while you are still holding the trigger back). If this happens (but even if it doesn't happen merely when the trigger resets on an empty chamber but rather just when you fire live ammo) either the cruciform of the trigger bar is out of spec. (bad angle, too short, etc.) or the bird's beak of the striker is out of spec. (again too short, bad geometry) therefore making for unsafe gun that can double or even go fully auto.

I read of a similar thing happening on the Brian Enos forum, and I think Glockworx replaced the trigger bar with one that had a more acute angle where the tip of the cruciform is (that engages the striker bird's head).

Again, I'd put the original parts back in and and call Glockworx.

Good luck. And this should act as a reminder why one needs to be very careful about what parts are replaced if it is a self defense gun!

Last edited by vox rationis; August 30, 2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old August 30, 2009, 07:37 PM   #3
varoadking

Quote:
...what does the consensus say???
Pretty much what he ^^^ said...

You have an unsafe piece and whomever did the work needs to fix this before someone gets hurt...or arrested and prosecuted...