The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 13, 1999, 04:39 PM   #1
Futo Inu

Don't know if it's new or not. It's a "Crossfire" brand, model "MK".

12-guage, 4-shot pump on top,
.223Rem 5-shot on bottom (doesn't say if semi-auto or what); accepts AR-15mags.

Whole thing is realtree camo. 18" barrels. 8.6 lbs. Polymer stock. Also,

"Optional meprolight adjustable night sights, Weaver style rail. Pump action, single trigger with amidextrous fire control lever allows use of rifle or shotgun barrel, chome-lined rifle barrel, Invector-style choke tubes, crossbolt safety, block oxide or camo finish......$1895 - $1995... From Crossfire, L.L.C., LaGrange, GA."

So, anyone know anything about this? Good, accurate, action type of the rifle, etc?
Old August 14, 1999, 08:46 AM   #2
Karanas

The .223 is a pump action also. If it was semi-auto I would probably take a look at it, but it seems too bulky for what you're getting.
Old August 15, 1999, 11:59 PM   #3
Futo Inu

OK, but how does it manage to pump both actions? I mean, say there's a .223 shell in. Fire. Pump. This loads new .223 I suppose. Now let's say you then wish to load a 12-guage shell. Flip switch. Pump. Does it eject the unfired .223? Etc. Whassup widdat?
Old August 18, 1999, 04:11 PM   #4
dZ

http://www.crossfirellc.com/

With the simple movement of your finger you have a choice of shotgun or rifle...# 6's or .223 Rem...any type of shotgun
ammunition available including less-lethal rubber pellets, bean bags, CS/CN tear gas, or 00 Buck and slugs..the rifle is
designed with at 1-9 twist to use the advanced cartidge design in .223 cal ammunition.

Manufactured in the United States of America under ISO 9001 quality control standards, using the best milspec features, the
Crossfire® has everything the sportsman, hunter or law enforcement officer wants, such as: pump action for both firing
systems, optional Meprolite® Tritium adjustable night sights, Invector®-style choke tubes, single trigger, single fire control
selector, Picatenny style optical rail on the receiver and under the forearm, 4 round removable shotgun magazine, AR-15 type
5-round rifle magazine, composite stock and forearm, and is available in black oxide or camo finish. To have all of these
features available in on compact package could only add up to one thing, Crossfire, the ultimate 21st century firearm

The Crossfire MK-1 will be available in the Spring of 1999 from your local firearms dealer.
Old August 21, 1999, 02:45 AM   #5
Sambonator

> Crossfire® has everything the sportsman, hunter or law enforcement officer wants...

What would a hunter hunt with this thing?
Old August 21, 1999, 12:53 PM   #6
Donald

<font size=10 color=red>VARMINTS BEWARE</font> 223 AND 12 Ga flying at you now, from the smae gun!!!!!
Old August 21, 1999, 01:00 PM   #7
Long Path

Sambonatur: Actually, this would neatly fill a niche for hunting turkey in many of the areas in TX where I hunt. In the river bottems, it gets pretty close, and shotgun would be useful, but often one can spot flocks across fields and close to within 80 yards without spooking too badly. A light bullet from a .223 high in the breast where the neck meets is a fine longer-range tactic for turkey. Further, with heavier bullets, the .223 could, technically, be used to harvest deer from close range.

As a varminter, it would be SUPERB, esp. calling in predators at night or late evening.

For combo-hunts, it could be pressed into service as a quail gun, though it's a bit bulky and heavy....

I'd rather see the rifle caliber be something a BIT more stout, say .243, or .257 Rbts. (A round for hunters, I know, but so is the .222 Magnum, and that didn't seem to bother NATO...)

I like it, but the only diference between this and the Savage Combo gun is that it's a repeater. I suppose it fills a niche there, but is it so good that it's worth the cost of a good bolt rifle, properly scoped, and a good repeater shotgun, and ammo for said firearms? I doubt it....

Old August 23, 1999, 10:12 AM   #8
dZ

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>using the best milspec features[/quote]

me thinks the marketing department runeth amok

dZ
Old August 28, 1999, 03:27 PM   #9
Nestor Rivera

at $2k it had better be able to aim for you too, If I remember there are several 12ga adapters that fit on an AR-15 in the M-203 mode. sure it would cost about as much but you get a semi and dont have to buy it all at once (parts will be cheaper too)
Old August 28, 1999, 07:22 PM   #10
Grayfox

I admit that when I first saw it I was fascinated. Most interesting new gun I've seen in a long time. It would be just the thing for Y2K or just general defense work.
Then I saw the price. It ain't that interesting. Fer two grand I can buy either an AR or two mini-14s, a mossberg for every member of the family and enough ammo to hold an army at bay.
Nah.. it ain't for me.