The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 23, 2000, 04:45 PM   #1
Swamp Yankee

RCBS has a new turret press on the market. Saw it at the gun shop this weekend. They did not have a price on it nor was it listed in their computer. I read the instruction manual and its a true turret design similar to the Lyman. (Not a Piggyback design) Looks like RCBS redesigned their primer feed as well.
I checked the RCBS website but did not find any information.
Has anyone else seen or played with one of these? Any idea as to the selling price?
As always thanks in advance for the responses.
Old December 23, 2000, 05:57 PM   #2
linngl

http://www.rcbs.com/newequipmentframe.html

Check out this thread "Which progressive to buy"
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...threadid=47595

I love mine. I checked out the Dillon 550B thoroughly, then purchased the Pro 2000. Less moving parts, better priming system, powder measure that works very well and stays with the press, micrometer adjust so that you can quickly return to prior setting. Will handle all calibers up to .460 Weatherby Magnum.

http://www.natchezss.com/reloading/rc/rcpress01.html

$299.95 plus shipping.
Old December 24, 2000, 03:49 PM   #3
Kenneth L. Walters

Turret presses with readily removable turrets, like the Lee, Lyman and RCBS, are very good if you need to make small batches of a large number of cartridges. I have a Lyman with 50 spare heads. Obviously I like it. The only reason I also bought an RCBS was because the cost of the Lyman heads was going way up. The RCBS is a nice unit. The handle used to turn the turret was better thought out than on the Lyman in that the operating handle doesn't interfer with turret rotation. I've never cared much about the Lee because those turrets only have three die positions while the Lyman and RCBS have six. Other turret presses, incidentally, like the SAECO may not work properly if you try to change out turrets.
Old December 25, 2000, 12:46 AM   #4
Melvin

If it's the one I'm thinking of, check Midway,it was a featured add in a catalog about two or three back. I can't find my stash of catalogs due to Xmas housecleaning that has taken place. Melvin