The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 22, 2009, 09:15 PM   #1
HenryTheNoodle

New Dan Wesson RZ45 Report

Just shot my new DW today, I'm really happy with it. It's my first 1911 - I did a ton of research on most bang for the buck on the 1k range and decided on Dan Wesson. I wanted full size, in .45 so the RZ fit me well.

I was surprised that it handled so well. I've shot several polymer .45's and was expecting similar kick, but the added weight must really help minimize kick. I can honestly say it wasn't much more than my Glock G17.

I shot about 100 rounds and am just really happy with the build quality, the comfort and my buying decision in general since I bought it sight unseen. If you're looking in this price range, I'm not sure the DW can be beat.
Old May 23, 2009, 12:02 PM   #2
michael t

My DW bobtail is one great pistol It is a good carry and great range pistol Best buy for the money.