The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 8, 2009, 08:13 PM   #26
DaveInPA

Just wanted to let everyone know that the setup works perfectly.
Old June 9, 2009, 07:47 AM   #27
benzuncle

Quote:
Dave, I've been reading this thread with great interest. I use the Lee Classic Turret Press and really like it. I've had pretty much no problems other than the typical owner generated ones. The Pro Auto Disk Powder Measure works very well for loading 45ACP and 380ACP with HP-38 & Bullseye. But when I added the 357Sig round for which I use AA#9, I found out quickly that the disks do not handle the fine powder well. I had been looking at the Uniflow and was wondering if I would have to mount it on the bench or if it could be mounted on the turret when your thread showed up. This is exactly what is so great about TFL forum.

Please favor us with a couple pix of your setup. If you care to add a lengthy dissertation, I'll read the whole dang thing too!

Thanx to everyone for your informative contributions.
Old June 9, 2009, 09:22 AM   #28
Mike Irwin
Staff

I'm in EXACTLY the same quandry as Benzuncle. My disk setup works wonderfully with 231, 296, and Trail Boss, but when I start in with the AA 7, it's a mess.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old June 9, 2009, 10:12 AM   #29
benzuncle

Mike, if Northern California is NoCal, and Southern California is SoCal, is Northern Virginia NoVirgin?
Old June 9, 2009, 03:25 PM   #30
Jehzsa

Quote:
TTIWWP!
Old June 9, 2009, 04:51 PM   #31
CrustyFN

Yes it will work fine. Check out this link. http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=248967

Rusty
Old June 18, 2009, 07:15 PM   #32
pcguy

I just ordered the hornady case activated powder setup to install on my lee classic turret using my rcbs uniflow powder measure. I can't get it to adjust right, the linkage keeps binding. I am following the directions to the letter, it appears the lever that attaches to the uniflow measure doesn't screw down in the correct location. There are 3 holes on the measure, and 2 screws for the lever, the 2 holes on the measure to the rear yield excellent up travel, but doesn't come down without binding up. The 2 holes to the front of the measure yield good down travel but bind the linkage before reaching the top. How did you solve this problem?
Old June 18, 2009, 07:38 PM   #33
Tex S

Hey Dave... please post some pics of your new setup! I want one!!! Will it clear the safety prime?
Old June 18, 2009, 08:29 PM   #34
pcguy

I figured out the binding, I still can't get it to completely top out, but it's probably close enough to work fine. Will get some powder in it and try it out sunday.