The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old August 25, 2014, 10:33 AM   #1
The Bullet Ranch

Central Ohio Shooting League Indoor Pratical Action

Hi all, my name is JC and I am the manager at the Bullet Ranch in Pataskala, Ohio. I am new to the forum, having just found it from a link over on another board. I look forward to reading thru a lot of info.

I wanted to share our fall shooting leagues which begin here in about 2 weeks. All shooters are welcome, if anybody has any questions please ask.

The leagues ( 2 different ones, on 2 different nights ) are now sponsored by S&W, so shooters can win guns!

Here is the description with some videos from our last league session. It is only $15 per night to shoot, you supply your ammo and gear. If you do not have a gun or gear, you can borrow mine, just come shoot.

http://www.thebulletranch.com/indoor-range-leagues/

Shooting Leagues
The Bullet Ranch Practical Action shooting league is now sponsored by Smith & Wesson! TBR is very excited to work in conjunction with America’s finest firearm manufacturer! Please see the awards section below for additional information about Smith & Wesson’s sponsorship of our shooting league!

The Bullet Ranch Fall Practical Action Shooting Leagues begin on Friday, September 5th at 7pm! If you have the desire to become more experienced with your firearm, this is the arena for you! This league session will be for semi-automatic or revolvers, and by popular demand we have added a 2 Gun Class. That’s right, now you will gain experience with your long gun too! Don’t own an AR, AK, FAL, or shotgun? Don’t worry, The Bullet Ranch will supply them! Shooter is responsible for their own ammo. If using TBR firearm, ammo must be purchased from TBR.

We offer two different shooting nights, designed for your shooting enjoyment. Friday nights are Practical Action nights beginning on the 5th, and you can expect the competition to be fierce! Shooters will engage in speed and skill stages set up to challenge your skill set! Sunday nights begin on the 7th, and the courses of fire are designed with Defensive shooting in mind. Stages will include hallways, use of cover and concealment, and low light situations. The leagues are scored separate, and are independent of each other. All skill levels are welcome on either night, many shooters join both leagues, the Practical Action and Defensive Combat!

You will need to bring a firearm with a barrel shorter than 6″, 3 magazines, a magazine holder, and a safe holster. There will be three different classes for shooters, based on magazine capacity. Ten rounds and under, 10 and over, and then the 2 gun class. Match magazine capacity is restricted at 15 rounds for this session. If you need assistance with proper equipment, please stop by and see us at The Bullet Ranch and we will show you what is needed. The course of fire changes every match, new experiences await every shoot!

This league series will be 8 matches, scheduled over a 16 week period, meeting every other week. Normal matches last two to three hours. Friday evening league starts at 7pm, and Sunday night league starts at 6pm. The cost to shoot in the league is only $15 per session. Please bring between 50 to 75 rounds per match you attend. Results will be posted immediately after each match, and shooters may track their personal results at Practiscore.com. League Dates are:Practical Action:

09/05 , 09/19, 10/03, 10/17, 10/31, 11/14, 11/28, and 12/12 all at 7pm

Defensive Combat:

09/07, 09/21, 10/05, 10/19, 11/02, 11,16, 11/30, and 12/14 all at 6pm

The Bullet Ranch shooting series sponsor Smith & Wesson has donated a brand new firearm for each shooting series, which will be awarded to one shooter in each league series. In order to be eligible to win the firearm, all you have to do is show up to all 8 league nights, and your name will be automatically entered to win. * All state and national laws apply to firearm winner, form 4473 must be completed upon announcement, transfer may only occur to actual winner. If actual winner is unable to complete transfer, another name will be drawn.

Trophies are awarded to the top 3 shooters in each class, and gift cards to The Bullet Ranch to the top 5 in each class. You can view the entire league schedule at this link:

http://www.thebulletranch.com/events/

All shooters are welcome, of all experience levels. Our staff here at the Bullet Ranch will assist you in getting started, as will the other shooters! We promote a fun, safe, and secure experience.

Questions? Please ask! I am available during normal business hours at 740-964-1787, and at any time at [email protected].

Check out these videos below for an example of what to expect! (Please lower your volume as we are in the range and gunshots and commands are LOUD )

http://youtu.be/FeuFayhYQ8M

http://youtu.be/ckuTv-bWJ6g

My email is jerryc at thebulletranch dot com, please post or email with any questions at all