The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 24, 2000, 09:35 AM   #1
Bullshooter

First, when I receive great service from a company I like to let people know. After all, when I receive lousy service I'm certainly going to let people know.

I ordered a Lee Pro 1000 from Lock, Stock and Barrel (http://www.lockstock.com) on Sunday, the 17th. I received everything I ordered (including the press which was drop shipped from Lee) at 4:40 PM on the 21st.

I don't believe I've ever received faster service. You can bet I'll buy from them again.

Now the question. How do you pick up and dispose of spilled powder? Obviously my first inclination is to simply vacuum it up with the shop vac. My cautious nature however suggested that I seek guidance from wiser, more experienced reloaders.
Old December 24, 2000, 12:18 PM   #2
WESHOOT2

For vacuuming up powder: use the nozzle attachment, cover end with handkerchief, push into end slightly with index finger, vacuum.
The hanky will 'capture' the powder and no fire!
Old December 24, 2000, 12:39 PM   #3
sw627pc

A wet and dry style shop vac is usually safe (motor is separate from the pickup area. Make sure that it has a filter between the tank and the motor though. DO NOT use most normal household vacs as they run the pickup stuff through the motor fan in many cases.
Old December 24, 2000, 02:40 PM   #4
B9mmHP

Use a broom and dust pan.

I like Lock Stock & Barrel also, Midway pays freight but they are higher priced, to cover shipping I guess,ain`t nothing free, so if LS&B has it I buy from them.
Old December 28, 2000, 06:59 PM   #5
handgunhunting

what does http://www.lockstock.com have and how do the compair to midway?