The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old June 25, 2012, 01:19 AM   #1
5RWill

Good belt and mag pouches for USPSA

Started shooting three weeks ago, with my M&P 40 and got a fobus mag pouch to hold me over but, the mags aren't spaced properly enough to get a full grip on them. My index finger only grips the vertical length of the mag about halfway. This causes the top end to not be as steady and it causes me to fumble some if you will when trying to insert the mag into the magwell.

So i'm looking for some good single mag pouches as well as a high quality belt, so i can stop scratching my leather belts with my blade tech.

Last edited by 5RWill; June 25, 2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old June 25, 2012, 12:55 PM   #2
Adamantium

Are you thinking about a regular style belt or a 2 piece competition belt? I use a 1 1/2" Uncle Mike's Reinforced Instructors belt and it defiantly has the iron clad feel about it. The only down side it once the holster is on I have to take it off to adjust it. Of course the simple fix is to put on the mag pouches first, adjust the belt and then put the holster on. Make sure to order one size large.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/139...inforced-nylon

These are very common too and have the luxury of permanently holding your rig, no taking on and off piece by piece. Lots of guys wear them but I never got one myself.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/267...lt-1-1-2-nylon
Old June 25, 2012, 03:25 PM   #3
5RWill

Yeah i was looking at double alpha and CR speed. My friend who shoots Limited for freedom gunworks recommended Double alpha, CR speed, and ghost. I didn't get any responses so consulted with him and went ahead and ordered the CR speed torque belt and 3 mag universal mag pouches. Pricey but it should be a one time buy. Thanks for your input i appreciate it.

I hope the belt and mags come in before sunday, the Mississippi Classic is this sunday.
Old June 26, 2012, 06:19 AM   #4
lmccrock

I recently got a Double Alpha and its claim to fame is it is stiff. Well, it is, but it is also very thick so attachments are hard to hang. I have an older CR and it is easier to attach holsters, mag holders, etc, although my pistol stuff is (older) Safariland. Not sure if CR changed, but it would be my choice between the two. Don't know about the Ghost.
Old June 26, 2012, 04:03 PM   #5
WESHOOT2

same stuff since '95

STOP

Do not buy anything yet, because you have insufficient experience at this point to decide what might be best for you.
I mean, you already bought 'some stuff to get you over'.

Unless, of course, money is no object, you'll find your gear needs and desires change as you gain experience, and your goals get more sophisticated.

So I suggest at this time sticking with what you have, and borrowing some of the gear you have interest in, to see if it's actually worth it.
Old July 3, 2012, 12:06 PM   #6
Jesse Tischauser

Double Tap
Old July 3, 2012, 12:08 PM   #7
Jesse Tischauser

Best belts for uspsa pistol matches are the CR Speed or Double Alpha. Best mag pouches at CR Speed Versa Pouch. Best holster is BladeTech black ice Drop & offset.

You can buy all thus stuff at the Make Ready Pro Shop.

http://www.makereadyproshop.com/
Old July 3, 2012, 01:42 PM   #8
5RWill

I ended up with the double alpha and versa mag pouches. It's a great setup, very sturdy, and the mag pouches don't move at all on thee double alpha outer belt because of it's thickness.