The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 7, 2006, 11:46 AM   #1
Ian2005

Browning's REACTAR Pad

Just because I haven't seen it reviewed anywhere by a non-marketing sales agent, I wanted to relay the following: it works 100% as advertised.
I have a .308 that I try to shoot on a fairly regular bases and it's taken me a while to find the best ammunition and I have found that match 168gr to be the best for range work- problem was, boy did it kick! I mean 150gr, no problem, maybe a bad one here or there, but after a few hours at the range with 168gr, it looked like someone’s boot had repeatedly kicked me in the shoulder with nice purple bruises - and being 240 pounds, that’s a lot of kicking!
So being tired of the beating, I researched and found this REACTOR pad, which certainly appears better than the padded “wonder-bra” like product out there, but it would need a jacket to go with it. I ended up going to Bass Pro and purchased a Browning jacket that comes pre-tailored for this patch and in exactly 30 seconds you are ready to shoot. It just slides in there and viola!
Well my zeroing really started to look like zeroing and everything just came together. I felt no pain, there's no bruises, and no trigger "flinch" - I went 80 rounds and could have gone another 80 more no problemo’. Plus now I have a great jacket I can use for duck hunts / clay’s / shotgun work.
If you even own a gun that perhaps you don’t like to shoot because “it’s a handful”, get this jack and patch, I bet it took out at least 50% of the recoil although the patch only claims 30%, together they it takes out a heck of a lot more.

Happy Shootin’

-Ian
Old August 7, 2006, 12:53 PM   #2
Voyager AL

+1!! I,too , had bruised shoulder every weekend from trap shooting. i bought the Browning vest and Reactor pad, and its no more bruises for me!
Old September 20, 2006, 06:49 AM   #3
Mike Bailey

vest

Do they make the jacket without the bright orange part ? rgds
Mike Bailey