The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Closed Thread

Old October 25, 2014, 11:55 AM   #1
VUPDblue

Looking for info on a Tanfoglio Witness-P

I inherited this gun and I know next to nothing about it, nor have I been able to find any info online about it. All I know for sure is that it is a Witness-P and has no rail. It came with two 10 round mags, but it looks like they are capable of holding a higher capacity and this one was perhaps sold in a restricted state. I listed it for sale because it means nothing to me and I don't have any use for it, but I have had no luck because I keep getting questions about it that I cannot answer. At this point I'll probably just keep it but I would sure like to know more about the thing.

Old October 25, 2014, 02:16 PM   #2
Cyanide971

Not that it will be much help, but it looks almost like the EAA Pavona frame with a Sarsilmaz B6PC slide, with added front serrations and minus the Pavona sparkly frame treatment. Actually looks like a very interesting pistol!

Can you please take several more pictures showing a view looking straight down the slide from the top, and also the individual rear and front sight?

I've never seen front serrations like that except on a friend's full-size 10mm Witness.
Old October 25, 2014, 06:20 PM   #3
VUPDblue

Old October 27, 2014, 05:40 AM   #4
VUPDblue

Anyone?
Old October 28, 2014, 12:06 AM   #5
railroader

It just looks like an older compact 9mm witness. It is a square type slide versus the newer rounded slide with a novak style rear sight. I have the exact same style slide in 45acp. It looks to be a small frame gun but if you can measure the length of the slide I can tell you for sure. It also looks like the trigger pin is walking out too. If you shoot it you might find you want to keep it.
Old October 28, 2014, 06:18 PM   #6
feets

They make eleventy billion different kinds of Witness pistols. I can't keep up with them all.

In general, they're good guns and some variants are frequently used in competition.
Old October 29, 2014, 09:13 AM   #7
AustinTX

Quote:
They make eleventy billion different kinds of Witness pistols. I can't keep up with them all.
Yeah, I wish EAA would try using a few different names. There's no good reason to my mind that the pistol above and the one below should both be called a "Witness."

Closed Thread