The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old February 13, 2009, 12:33 AM   #51
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to have to single you out, DG45. Your attitude is a prime example of 2 things that are wrong with America, today.

1) The general apathy of voters, and
2) The attitude of many gun owners in specific.

I can't believe it will change anything; I can't see it changing anything, therefore I won't do anything to help with the change, since it won't change anything anyway. Self fulfilling prophesy.
Old February 13, 2009, 04:20 AM   #52
shortwave

maestro, you`re absolutely right about our rights being spelled out in 'The Bill of Rights'. Kinda amazing that today we`re even having this disscussion and having to fight for something thats so clearly spelled out. This pro, anti-gun war has waged for a long time and lately we`ve won a few battles but we can`t get lax and start thinking everyone has finally learned to read and interpret things the same way. This has not become 'the Garden of Eden'. With a few strokes of the pen on Capitol Hill things in the gun world as we know it can drastically change. Whether gun brothers can attend march or not it would be re-assuring to know that those who can`t will be doing something the day of the march to support those that do attend. I`m sure they will.
Old February 14, 2009, 01:40 AM   #53
johnwilliamson062

I have myself and three others pretty sure we are showing up. I also have a couple very interested and will at least take part on the state level(Columbus). Everyone needs to get a few and spread word to all those who care.
Old February 14, 2009, 01:55 PM   #54
shortwave

johnwilliamson, have a few ideas. PM sent.
Old February 15, 2009, 04:00 PM   #55
e-bear

2010?

If we still have our cherished 2nd Am I'll be there. I seriously doubt that we will have a 2nd Am come spring of 2010. I sometimes doubt that we will have a free USA come spring 2010.

Guns, Gold, Garden & Godpel. The 4 G's of life.
Old February 15, 2009, 05:27 PM   #56
Daniel964

I plan on going and I have gotten others interested in going also. I plan on a hotel room just outside DC in virginia. I'm checking with my banks about a safe deposit box big enough for my and my friends CCW weapons while we're in DC.

I also plan on wearing a cheap empty holster while their in plain sight. This way if the PTB take it I'm not out much.
Old April 29, 2009, 08:52 PM   #57
apr1775

We can't let the momentum die this soon and let them win. There is a lot we can do in the year leading up to the March. My wife and I have gotten busy recently creating awareness in our area. Here she is with a plan of action:

Face it - not every gunowner has access to internet, or even visits gun discussion forums, so they are less likely to hear about the march. NRA is not going to send them a notice - they just want your membership money. So some old veterans out there (who may support the cause 200%) are not aware of the March.

Here is what you can do to bring the news to such people and all 2A supporters -- hand out flyers (available on the Second Amendment March web site, - top right, click on Flyers and Banners) -- take a bunch of them with you to every gun show, gun store, VFW posts, or local hang-out you go to; ask the store owner and gunshow vendors to hand them out or mention the March to their customers. Tell them their business depends on the 2A - "no guns - no business".

Talk to your local law enforcement officers and encourage them to show support. If they refuse, at least you will know who you're dealing with.

Organize or attend town hall meetings that are being prepared.

Also, contribute what you can to help organizers of the march to obtain permits, maintain the website, travel and give interviews, etc. They are currently running a promotion -- anyone who donates $100 in the next 30 days (starting April 21), will get a free 2-day handgun training course at the Front Sight Firearms Training Institute (Nevada) - $1000 value. Once you donated, and after the march takes place, you can take the course anytime at your convenience.
Old November 25, 2009, 07:47 AM   #58
Jeff23

I'm definitely going! I know this is an old thread, but thought it couldn't hurt to bump it back up.
Old November 26, 2009, 06:45 PM   #59
Jeff23

Forgot to add, it's April 19th.