The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old October 14, 2011, 04:18 PM   #1
Venom1956

1911 'Blank' grips? IX-A Llama question

Hey all I have a Llama IX-A and as far as I can see standard 1911 grips hole pattern won't line up.

Currently it has llama stamped grips that look like this

They make it feel large and un1911 like for me.

My question is does anyone make a rubber or wood grip that is pretty much finished but does NOT have the screw holes drilled in? or has anyone re drilled a regular grip and just had the extra hole in it? I realize its not 'worth' much and the quality on llamas have been suspect but this one seems ok, but I really don't wanna sink alot of money into it. It was sort of my 1911 trainer that if it nicked and dinged up it wouldn't hurt as much as a 2000 dollar one.
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug

Last edited by Venom1956; October 15, 2011 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Title
Old October 15, 2011, 04:01 PM   #2
Venom1956

Whoops totally fixed the picture sorry about that!

No luck huh?

I've seen llama grips online for about 40-50 bucks but I dislike how the curve at the bottoms.

Hoping to find some that look more 'normal'
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug
Old October 16, 2011, 06:58 AM   #3
CowTowner

I had a couple of Firestorm 1911s (Llamas) and used ebay to find replacement grips.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...All-Categories
“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life......” President John F. Kennedy
Old October 16, 2011, 10:46 AM   #4
brickeyee

1911 pattern grips are not all that difficult to make.

A jig saw or band-saw to both cut thinner wood and then do then do rough shaping.

Most of the work is the face if you want checkering or another pattern.

Use a set of grips that fit as the pattern.
Old October 17, 2011, 06:03 PM   #5
larryh1108

I've had great luck with these and they were cut for Llamas.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=256603377

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=256612803
Old October 17, 2011, 06:32 PM   #6
Jason_G

If your original ones are solid, I would just sand them to the shape you want.

Jason
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." -Amendment II, Constitution of the United States of America
Old November 6, 2011, 01:18 PM   #7
junkyarddawg

Llama IXA 45acp parts for sale

Hi,
I recently joined this forum and thought I would be able to interest Lllama 45 acp owners or enthusiasts in purchasing the remaining parts to a Llama IXA 45
These parts were included in a inherited weapons collection, not large but enough to add to my collection however I do not have use for these parts since they were being collected to eventually rebuild another Llama IXA 45.
I would prefer somebody to use these parts for repairing or rebuilding a really decent Llama IXA 45 auto or you can resale them.

The only parts missing:
-main frame
-slide
-barrel
-slide stop

I also have the original Llama walnut grips with screws and 2-Magazines
I realize parts are hard to come by and rather expensive so I would really prefer selling the parts then simply trashing them.This would be a PACKAGE deal priced right or simply make me an offer.
I can supply phots if requested.
Interest individuals contact me by email for more info:
[email protected]

Last edited by junkyarddawg; November 6, 2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old November 21, 2011, 10:23 PM   #8
marv47

Llama IX-A .45 grip screw.....

I am in dire need of a grip screw for my satin chrome Llama IX-A .45. I will consider buying a set of grips or even a "parts" gun, if necessary. Thanks, guys and remember to tighten your grip screws so you don't have to be searching high and low for one like me! :>)