The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 2, 2009, 11:02 PM   #1
premed2009

I need help with a handload!

Hey, I'm pretty new to this forum, and to reloading. I'll get right to the question then. I ran right out and bought powder, primers, and bullets for my Lee Loader before I got the loader in the mail and before I was able to read the instructions. Now I have components that don't work with the really basic instructions that came with my loader. So does anybody have loads that will work with these components:

Federal 100 Primers
Hodgdon Titegroup powder
125 gr lead bullets

Thanks in advance!
Andrew

PS: I've read that CCI 500 primers are for the most part interchangeable with Federal 100s. True?
"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing."
- Adolf Hitler
Old March 2, 2009, 11:04 PM   #2
zxcvbob

9mm Luger? .38 Specials? .357 Magnum? .357 Sig? etc.
Old March 2, 2009, 11:19 PM   #3
Gazzmann

For data try Alliant or Hodgdons website. Lots of info there.
Maybe tell us what caliber you intend to load?
John
Old March 3, 2009, 07:43 AM   #4
ShootingNut

PreMed,
Go slow, and do some reading before you start to reload, or you may need the attention of what appears to be your choosen profession.
As others have suggested, powder makers data will provide loading info.
Reloading may not be as scientific as medicine, but you have to stay within
guidelines or serious problems can arise from mistakes.
Good luck!
SN
Old March 6, 2009, 09:28 PM   #5
premed2009

Wow, my mistake! I can't believe I forgot to mention I'm loading 9mm luger rounds. Thanks for the advice. I went ahead and looked at Hodgdon's website, and they do indeed have some great information on loads.

Thanks again,
Andrew
"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing."
- Adolf Hitler
Old March 6, 2009, 11:18 PM   #6
PCJim

Just as you would not be granted a license to practice without proving your level of competency, you should also not attempt reloading until you have done some thorough reading and developed an understanding of the hazards and danger signs to be observant of. Pick up a Speer or Lyman manual and after reading the entire reloading sections in the front, then keep them around for load research.

Remember to always begin working up new loads at the minimum listed powder charge. If a minimum is not listed, reduce the maximum charge by 10%.