The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old November 11, 2008, 08:21 PM   #1
SavageMOA

Full auto 10/22 (not the usual thread)

Before you assume I'm trying to shave my sear to convert my Ruger to full auto, it's not.

There are dozens of videos on youtube.com of different people with several different weapons (most often a 10/22) that have converted them to full auto. How are these people able to do this legally? I understand they most likely CAN'T, but how are they able to do so and not go to prison for the rest of their lives?
Old November 11, 2008, 08:43 PM   #2
PTK

Probably quite a few are illegal, but I'd wager most are either Norrell packs (in the case of the 10/22), legal pre-86 transferables, Form 1'd guns, or C3 dealer post-samples.
Old November 11, 2008, 08:43 PM   #3
B. Lahey

There were a pile of full-auto 10/22s produced before the 86 ban. I think Ruger even sold some that way, and a bunch more were converted legally before the cutoff. Something like that...

Some manufacturers can still make them / buy them for R&D purposes or as dealer samples, but they can't sell them to the public. No law against videotaping range sessions, though.

There are quite a few around.