The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 25, 2013, 08:30 AM   #1
BIGTYME

Charels Daly

This is my first post here and I am not sure if I can post it here or not . I haqve a Charles Daly field hunter 12 gauge . Recently the Bolt started hanging up in the chamber of this gun after the last shot is fired . Can anyone help tell me what the problem is and how I can go about fixing it
Old February 25, 2013, 08:50 AM   #2
cecILL

Hello, some one will be around to help. There is a shotgun forum here and also a gunsmithing forum. The mods try to keep these things in the right place. First thing to try is a good cleaning and lubrication.
Old March 4, 2013, 04:42 PM   #3
publius

Disassemble and clean thouroughly. You may be able to see some out of place wear marks on the bolt/inside the receiver when you have it apart that will show the problem. Unfortunately, Charles Daly is out of business. They did not make their own guns though, you should be able to find the manufacturers stamp somewhere on the gun. That should give you a start on where to find parts.
Old March 4, 2013, 04:56 PM   #4
BigD_in_FL

Not sure what you mean by "hanging up in the chamber after the last shot is fired"....do you mean it is remaining open after the last shot?