The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old June 7, 2010, 02:08 PM   #1
Badchili

EIE Italy 40 cal handgun

I have a replica 40 cal EIE handgun made in Italy. Does anybody out there have a parts gun that I could buy the triger from or does anybody know where nI can get one. I bought this gun without one? My email is
[email protected]

Thanks,

Dave
Old June 7, 2010, 09:25 PM   #2
bprevolver

EIE

Is this a single shot pistol?
Old June 8, 2010, 04:57 AM   #3
Doc Hoy

I'd like to see some photos of this pistol

In about 1976 I was given a single shot percussion pistol which I measured at 40 cal. It was in very poor condition. It was missing the lock and the ramrod. I refinished the stock and fitted a lock from a colonial pistol.

The barrel of this pistol was very plain and in spite of the overall poor condition the bluing was still is good shape. It had a very thin barrel wall. At the muzzle, the thickness of the barrel could not have been more than about an eight of an inch. The barrel had a noticable taper so at the lock, there was more metal.

I must confess I do not know what happened to the pistol.

The reason I am going into this level of detail is that I was able to fit that colonial pistol lock with only a little modification of the stock. You may find that a trigger available from someplace like Dixie Gunworks will fit the pistol.

I would love to see some photos of the pistol just out of curiosity.