The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 2, 2007, 02:16 AM   #1
flomofo

which rare gun do I buy?

I have an oppurtunity to buy an m3 super 90 with a factory full size tube (before the dumb 4 shot stuff) for 1450plus tax and 25 fee, or...

a smith and wesson SD 356 TSW which looks new as well for 1100 plus tax and fee.

Which one would you guys choose? Also I'm wondering if I should pay even a little more and get the m4 but the dealer was implying the m3super90 was a better choice, plus the new one would probably only come with the CA 4 shot tube.
Old November 2, 2007, 09:52 AM   #2
Bonstrosity

I don't know much about the SW gun you are looking at but I do know a little about the benellis. The M3 is a great gun since it can use the inertia system or be used as a pump. The difference in the M4 is that it is the only auto benelli makes that uses pistons to drive the action. This is for tactical reasons and functionality in harsh environments. The inertia system sometimes becomes less effective if the shotgun begins to have many extras mounted on it because it changes the inertia. If you need to have extras on your gun then go for the m4, if not the m3 is a great gun.
Old November 2, 2007, 08:28 PM   #3
flomofo

m3

I forgot to add the m3 has some hk markings they dont come with anymore and the full size tube.