The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 22, 2002, 12:00 AM   #1
hdm25

Cheapest place online to buy Blackhawk or Eagle Industries nylon?

Where online is the cheapest place to buy Blackhawk or Eagle Industries "tactical" nylon stuff?
Old July 23, 2002, 01:10 AM   #2
Foxy

I'd suggest Brad at www.lightfighter.com

Generally very good service, and free shipping on orders over $50. Lots of very knowledgeable people on the forums there too.
Old July 23, 2002, 06:10 PM   #3
corsair

"Lots of very knowledgeable people on the forums there too."

uuuuhhh, maybe a 1/3'd of 'em. A lot of them are airsoft players who'll shoot the bull with eachother and post pics of themselves and "teams". I guess they graduated from paintball. No flame to lightfighter, since they bring in the buisness, but........

Otherwise, Lightfighter.com is an excellent choice in terms of prices and variety of selection. If its not listed, ask. Always better to go through a dealer than a manufacturer.
Old July 23, 2002, 06:33 PM   #4
jthuang

Cheapest? That would be Botach.

But definitely not the best in terms of customer service or reliability of ordering. Sometimes it's worth the premium to pay a little more but get what you order, on time!

Second Lightfighter for Eagle; I use Lagger Pro for BH (lagger-pro.com).

Justin
Old July 23, 2002, 08:35 PM   #5
Foxy

Airsofters? I'd never have guessed. There is that one thread about Airsofting, but I'd say that the vast majority (95%+) of the threads that I've noticed are not directly Airsoft related.

By very knowledgable, there are a few people (like Gene from HSGI) who hang out there who actually make gear - that's knowledgable. Several other grunts who have lots of time and hands on experience with much of the gear for sale there.

I dunno, I never noticed any airsofters over there. Maybe I should look harder
Old July 27, 2002, 10:08 PM   #6
Lightfighter

Thanks for the kind words, guys. They really mean alot to me as I work the make my shop the best that I know how.

I don't know how it happened; but my forum has blossomed nicely for professional exchange of information. There really aren't that many airsofters there; and the ones that we have are a realtively new phenomenom.
Old July 28, 2002, 08:32 AM   #7
Scott Evans
Staff Alumnus

Lightfighter is a good choice but Extreme outfitters is also http://www.tacticaledge.com/

MOLON LABE !

I’m a G-CODE holster fan !
www.range5.com
Old July 28, 2002, 10:46 PM   #8
DFS

Tactical Gear

I would never think about who is the cheapest when it comes to buying my equipment. I would buy from those folks who are in the business of supplying us with the best. Why would you care about saving $10.00. Deal with the best - I would do business with Brad or Eagle directly. A lot depends on what you are looking for. Call either Brad or Eagle on the phone tell them what your needs are and then ordered it. Don't waist your time trying to save a couple of bucks. In fact if you are worried about trying to save a couple of bucks in tactical gear then you are in the wrong business. The best is expensive, but well worth it, when the **** hits the fan.
Old July 28, 2002, 10:58 PM   #9
hdm25

"I would never think about who is the cheapest when it comes to buying my equipment. I would buy from those folks who are in the business of supplying us with the best. Why would you care about saving $10.00. Deal with the best - I would do business with Brad or Eagle directly. A lot depends on what you are looking for. Call either Brad or Eagle on the phone tell them what your needs are and then ordered it. Don't waist your time trying to save a couple of bucks. In fact if you are worried about trying to save a couple of bucks in tactical gear then you are in the wrong business. The best is expensive, but well worth it, when the **** hits the fan."

I have to thank everyone but DFS for the information that they provided.

DFS, it is stupid to NOT try and save money at ANY time. I asked in this post who the cheapest supplier of Blackhawk gear was, not for the above opinion. Why would I care about saving $10? Well, since dealer cost on Blackhawk stuff is about 60% retail, I would be saving FAR more than $10...more like $100 per item on some things that I am interested in. And I will "waist" my time, as you say, any way that I please...and save more than a couple of bucks doing so. In response to your posting about being in the wrong business if I am trying to save a couple of bucks...I doubt that you would know anything about the business that I am in. Furthermore, I doubt very much that you are in any business where "tactical" gear is a MUST. If you actually are, then you don't have to worry about cost because gear is likely provided to you courtesy of the taxpayers. As for it being well worth it when the **** hits the fan...I would imagine that the only **** hitting the fan that you would know about is if you happen to be speaking into a fan when you spout crap like that contained in your post.

If you want to answer my question, please do so...but don't hop in to try and insult me or any of the other posters with crap from your infinite well of tactical knowledge.
Old July 29, 2002, 01:24 AM   #10
Lotzinger

go get ´em gear !!!

the cheapest online-shop for blackhawk-stuff on the www:

http://javahedz.users4.50megs.com/services.htm

they also offer "20%-off" for LE - personnell ... only thing to do for that is sending an email ...

www.gogetemgear.com should work soon, but at the moment it is "under construction"
Old July 29, 2002, 02:01 PM   #11
HKguy9

While you are at Lightfighter, also take a looksee at SOE Gear. I got a belt, dropleg pistol holster and a pair of magpouches that fit M14 magazines, shotshell pouches and a pair of pistol pouches on each side.

They also fit my Canon 420EX flash, extra camera battery and CF card nicely