The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old July 31, 2000, 11:22 AM   #1
sks

I am relying on the collective intelligence, wisdom, knowledge and the general ability of everyone here to find things out to help me find out what particular model 92FS that I own. Here goes.

It's is the 10th Anniversary addition with all of the wording (9mm parabellum, prieto beretta) etched in gold. Also has the seals for all US armed forces etched in gold. Wooden grips, commemorative patch and a factory 15 round magazine. Serial number is 2896M9.

Yes, I know it's the 10th anniversay addition but I've never seen it listed in any catalogs or price guides. Part of the paperwork says it is a model 92AM. I've not seen that listed anywhere either.

And yes, I am curious as to it's value. I gave $ 669.00 NIB and since a regular 92FS lists for $ 600 - 700 I think the price was good.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks to all.

------------------
The best weapon for self defense is the one you have when the need arises!
Old July 31, 2000, 12:59 PM   #2
Russell92

its an M9. the M9 is the military edition of the 92FS. what does the rear sight look like? does it have 2 dots or just 1 on the bottom of the notch? if its the latter then its definetly an M9.
Old July 31, 2000, 01:13 PM   #3
sks

Russell, the sight is the 3 dot version. Two in the reat with one up front.

Thanks

------------------
The best weapon for self defense is the one you have when the need arises!
Old July 31, 2000, 01:15 PM   #4
Mal H
Staff

Moving to Harley Nolden's research forum...
Old July 31, 2000, 04:24 PM   #5
James K
Member In Memoriam

You did all right, but unfortunately those special editions don't run to any really big bucks. The only one that has kept up some has been the Beretta 470th anniversary model, and it sells NIB for less than the original cost. The same is true for S&W commems, and for most of the Colts. Those guns are nice to have and display well, but are usually poor investments.

Jim
Old August 1, 2000, 04:05 AM   #6
Kevinw

sks, I have the same gun. Paid $630.00+tax for mine Mine had two 15 round mags and is listed as 92fs/M9 on the paperwork but the gun just says M9. I use it as a carry piece. But it does also make a nice display piece.