The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old July 4, 2013, 11:41 AM   #1551
gusser33

gusser33

Hi. New to shooting. Well, i shot a m14 in the Army but that was long ago. I shot for the first time last year and was hooked. I have all 22lr's, both pistols and rifles and one shotgun. I just want to talk with people about their guns and what they recommend i purchase.
Old July 6, 2013, 08:19 AM   #1552
khanguyen519

Hi! I'm posting from Atlanta, Georgia. My general interest in firearm is for hunting and for leisure. Though I haven't slayed a deer, my deer slayer is a Remington 700 SPS AAC-SD.

I've been hunting with Federal Power-shok and practice with both Federal Match and Power-shok. I plan to start loading my own rounds with Barnes TTSX for some good knock down power.

Glad to be on TheFiringLine.com.

Here is she is and the hogs she brought home:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg remmy-111.jpg (139.5 KB, 186 views)
File Type: jpg hogs_1.jpg (176.0 KB, 180 views)
Old July 7, 2013, 02:56 PM   #1553
Mississippi Grind

Hello

Long time reader, finally decided to make it official.

I am AD Army, just shy of my 7 year mark. I was raised by my grandfather who was retired Army, and my earliest memories are literally of coveting his gun cabinet. Started shooting an air rifle/bb gun around 11-12

Got my first .22 at age of 14, a Mossberg 152k which I still own and shoot quite regularly.

I also currently own a Glock 26 gen 4, a Ruger MKIII 22/45, an Armi gt27 .25, a Remington 1100 16ga, and a Marlin 336.

In the next week or so I am purchasing my first Mosin Nagant, and by the end of the year I plan to purchase a WASR 10/63.

I am also burning up with want for a G17.

I am a NRA member, but honestly only because it was free.

Look forward to talking to you all!
Old July 7, 2013, 07:28 PM   #1554
Jozimoto

New to guns

I recently decided I wanted to purchase a firearm. I decided on a Beretta Neos U22 with a 6" barrel. I have added a TruGlo Red Dot on it. It's a lot of fun and a challenge too.
I look forward to being a member of the forum. I have many questions that I'm sure will be answered.
Old July 8, 2013, 07:12 PM   #1555
Bucksnort1

Introduction

Gents and Ladies,

I am Pogybait or, if you're a squid/anchor clanker, that would be gedunk (what can I say, it's the Navy). I am retired (one each E-8 type) Army active duty, Colorado Army National Guard, Colorado Air National Guard and finally, Air Force Reserve. I know, I know, you've seen one bus driver, you've seen 'em all. Don't get me wrong, I have a very special place in my heart for all service members and that includes the Coast Guard. My deceased father is an Army officer veteran of WWII (but did not see action) and a combat veteran of the Korean War. As he would say, he was a "trigger puller".

Will someone tell me how I access responses? Is it at the top right where "welcome" is?
Old July 11, 2013, 10:12 PM   #1556
Bowtie41

Greetings

I have used TFL forums for info for quite some time,and finally decided to join.I have been around guns since my preteens,and have a great respect and enjoyment from them.My children may not always agree with my views,but at least could defend themselves if the need arises.Due to having "Family First",and then going on disability has limited my funds for my hobby,but at least have a .380,a .22,and a 12ga.Looking into something more exotic like an 80%'er,as I was a machinist before disability,and still like to tinker.Thank You for letting me into your fine group!
Old July 12, 2013, 10:19 AM   #1557
reverendjohn

hi there
im john from england, birmingham to be exact , been into firearms for about 10 years now but wish the uk laws would change to allow us pistols

at the moment i have a ruger super red hawk .44 lbr [uk spec] a browning buckmark .22 semi lbp [uk spec], a remington 700 in 308 with a t8 mod and accuracy international stock, a mauser 98k in 7.92 a mosin nagant carbine in 7.62, a rossi underleaver 24" octagonal barrel in 38/357, a benneilli m3 super 90 shotgun a few normal shotguns [oh and slugb*tch a rossi break barrel that i use for ermmm fun lol] and a 303 smle number 3 mk1. i think thats about it ?
for now
Old July 13, 2013, 06:07 AM   #1558
StorminNormin

New member: StorminNormin

Hey Folks,
New forum member. I enjoy target shooting with rifles and handguns (all types).
Just sprung for my first Leupold riflescope and couldn't be happier! Also an avid fisherman.
Best,
StorminNormin
Old July 15, 2013, 02:05 PM   #1559
eightclicknine

Afternoon Everybody,

I am new around these parts, although i have been commenting on some discussions prior to posting in the new member thread. I am very interested in getting started in reloading and have already been over to the handloading forum. A lot of good info over there.
Old July 20, 2013, 11:32 PM   #1560
Lil Stinkpot

I was cleaning the house to move, and my late husband left me a surprise in the closet. I took a good look, shrugged, and said "might as well learn how to take care of and use it." "It" turned out to be an older M1 carbine. It's an interesting mess, with a number of things needing to be fixed (wobbly trigger assemby, anyone?). I've been having lots of fun learning how to clean and safely use firearms,starting with a buddy's pistols while I gathered the necessary supplies and instruction. I found this site from another recommended one, CRPA. I liked the look, feel, and members' chatter, so I joined.
Old July 21, 2013, 11:06 AM   #1561
KeifB

noob

Hi guys! I'm a noob here, (to any forum really) and looking forward to learning from people who know! I'm 28 and have been burning powder for half my life now, reloading about 2 years as well Life is good!
Old July 21, 2013, 01:55 PM   #1562
Bigbaz357

Hi there from Queensland, Australia..

Hi all, hope you don't mind an Aussie joining the forums. I don't know how much I can contribute, but I'm here to learn off anyone who can and hopefully make some new mates along the way.
I'm a 38yr guy old married with a family and hope to get an insight into western action(single action) shooting. I have purchased a 1892 lever and a SAA in 357mag. I have some reloading gear as well. This is my first venture into any style of club/comp shooting and hope to have fun, not break records.
Thanks upfront,
Regards, Baz.
Old July 22, 2013, 04:20 PM   #1563
maccj5

new from arizona
been shooting hunting and fishing
since i can remember
i do all my own reloads except 22lr of course
thanks for the great site!!!!
Old July 23, 2013, 06:18 PM   #1564
goodinjelly

Howdy

The name is Zach.
Old July 24, 2013, 08:19 AM   #1565
OnTheFringe

Greetings

Hello!

I'm a long time reader, who finally decided to register. I'm fairly new to the hobby, and have only started to build my collection.
Old July 25, 2013, 12:44 AM   #1566
Agregory1994

Intro

Hello! I hail from the great state of Indiana, at 18 years old I am now making the best of my minimum wage job to grow my gun collection, hopefully...
Old July 25, 2013, 10:48 PM   #1567
accur8

Re: New members - please introduce yourselves here

Hello all. I guess you could say I'm new to the forum came over from Archery Talk a couple months ago finally got around to intro. Used this forum frequently for references in the past so figured its time to join.

Thanks,
Mike
Old August 3, 2013, 03:24 PM   #1568
Embellishment

This looks like a fun place to tap into anything pistols, revolvers, rifles or shotguns. I have a little collection.

New to Muzzleloading and want to learn more about that.

Retired Electrican living in Indiana. My hobby is hobbies.
Old August 4, 2013, 07:35 PM   #1569
MarineWife

Hello, everyone. Yes, I'm a US Marine's wife and he's deployed in "A".
I just got my CHL and I carry alternately a Walther 9mm and a Beretta (antique) .380 Model 70s . My Dad's gun from early 1970s. Takes lot of gun oil, but I have extra mags and IT HAS A SAFETY, so I carry one in the chamber. I've been reading awhile before I joined. Been reading about primarily the Semiauto thread. Have a hankering to try the SA XDS .45. (My range rents ) .Also read the partly funny asides about Russki ammo. Now available at Wally World.
I hope I'm not the only woman here. Here to learn! Thanks.
Old August 4, 2013, 08:53 PM   #1570
Jen-from-IL

New members - please introduce yourselves here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Hello, everyone. Yes, I'm a US Marine's wife and he's deployed in "A".
I just got my CHL and I carry alternately a Walther 9mm and a Beretta (antique) .380 Model 70s . My Dad's gun from early 1970s. Takes lot of gun oil, but I have extra mags and IT HAS A SAFETY, so I carry one in the chamber. I've been reading awhile before I joined. Been reading about primarily the Semiauto thread. Have a hankering to try the SA XDS .45. (My range rents ) .Also read the partly funny asides about Russki ammo. Now available at Wally World.
I hope I'm not the only woman here. Here to learn! Thanks.
Welcome and no, you aren't the only woman here. . I'm here to learn and have learned a lot so far. Enjoy the site....
Old August 4, 2013, 11:03 PM   #1571
pandafp

forgot to introduce myself. Currently own ruger p95 and looking to get another piece soon, however I'm a law student and am pretty broke. Very informative and interesting forum.
Old August 7, 2013, 01:25 PM   #1572
bandit2012

Hello Everyone

Looking forward to having discussions with everyone from the Raleigh NC area.
Old August 8, 2013, 10:33 AM   #1573
cas700850

Sorry I'm late

Sorry, I didn't see this thread the other week when I joined up. I'm a central Ohio lawyer, Army vet, and as avid a shooter as I can be with two sons, a wife, and a job that often requires more than 40 hours a week.
Old August 10, 2013, 03:47 PM   #1574
Raddy GT

Hola,

College student from southwest VA here.
Old August 15, 2013, 03:14 PM   #1575
passtime

Hello everyone

Been through here a few times in the last couple of years and decided this time I would stick around. Great forum. See you all in the threads.

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent