The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old November 13, 1999, 09:43 PM   #1
TLH

I picked up a Savage - Anschutz Model 164 Sporter today thought someone on here might be able to help me. Beautiful little rifle. Very impressed with it's accuracy.
A- wondering roughly what it's value is.
I ALWAYS pay to much, just wondering how deep I got it this time.
B - It has a trigger that the person I got it from told me is a single , set trigger. There is a small button (lever actually) on the left side of the receiver, about opposite the bolt. I was told that after cocking the bolt the lever is moved forward and this sets the trigger. The guy told me that he had the trigger set so lightly it wouldn't work as it was. (Yeah, I'm an idiot),
After taking the rifle apart at the range I found that it is missing a screw that holds the trigger group to the receiver (front).
I also don't seem to be able to adjust the trigger to a heavier tension or use the "set" feature.
There is one screw visible while assembled in front of the trigger. There is also another screw that goes into the trigger on the right side.. This trigger can be adjusted so that the trigger won't release at all .. the screw in front of the trigger doesn't seem to adjust very much.
Anyone know anything about this trigger group ??
Old November 15, 1999, 12:24 PM   #2
Harley Nolden
Staff In Memoriam

TLH
Value NIB=$375.00 EXC=$300.00 Poor=$100.00

HJN