The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old April 1, 2010, 11:43 AM   #26
Microgunner

I purchased a couple packs of them years ago at a gun show when they were legal in Florida. Fired them from a cheap single shot shotgun for fear of damage. No damage. The fireball was impressive but no where near as big as the photos would have you believe. The fireball was also very short lived. They were fun but the only real use we could think of would be to break the bedroom window of a sleeping victim with the muzzle then incinerate everything in the room. Not my bag so I deemed them "useless".
Old April 1, 2010, 11:48 AM   #27
4INCHSMITH

I ran some through my Mav88 and they were fun but the 3-5 second burn time is complete bull. Mine burned for about 1 second max. At least that was what i was told, the flash blinded me for about 10-15 seconds. They are fun to shoot when you have an audience but they are a bit pricey.

As far as SD goes, your better off with buckshot, but the surprise show for the BG will probably make him soil himself.
Old April 1, 2010, 11:48 AM   #28
Willie Lowman

They don't cycle semi autos. They have very little recoil. Basically a firework in a shot shell. Just a novelty item.
Old July 29, 2011, 05:06 AM   #29
Blazerman

Granulated Zirconium is actually the incendiary device in these rounds, not magnesium. Would really like to play with these some time. Does anybody know specifically if they are legal in Kansas?