The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old June 24, 2012, 10:49 AM   #1
Alan Duke

Mossberg 935

Any one know where I can find a firing pin,return spring tube and plunger,and retaining link for the gas system? I've tried Numrick and a few other sites with no luck.

The gun fires once with a full tube and then will not fire. It loads the second round, but will not fire.

Thanks in advance................ Alan
Old June 24, 2012, 11:40 AM   #2
zippy13

Have you tried Mossberg's customer service? Typically, when a gun is still in production, like a 935, the maker will supply parts. After a gun is discontinued, some makers will sell off their parts inventory to the likes of Numrich.
Old June 24, 2012, 12:34 PM   #3
Orphanedcowboy

Sounds like there is more going on than just replacing parts will fix. Have you thoroughly stripped the gun and cleaned it, including removing the shell stop? If not start there, trash behind the shell stop on a 930/935 will cause feed and fire issues.
Old June 25, 2012, 11:16 PM   #4
Alan Duke

Thanks .....OC/zippy.............We tore it all the way down and removed all the "grease" the prior owner used on it. ( I won't get started on that ). It was then lightly oiled and test fired again with the same issues. I don't know enough to diagnose the problem beyond that.
Old June 27, 2012, 07:27 PM   #5
TheKlawMan

Have you determined that after the second round is chambered the bolt is all the way into battery? If you push the bolt handle forward does it then go into battery?

Last edited by TheKlawMan; June 27, 2012 at 07:40 PM.