The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old June 25, 2012, 10:34 PM   #176
9mm

How do I feel?
Very safe.

I carry pretty 24/7 unless im going to no carry zone, base/post office/church w/a school/voting.

Chuches I go to don't have any schools in them so I am pleased. Other wise I don't think I would go out that late, we start at 8 and get out around 10 then theres clean up and usually dinner afterwards at local restaurant. I don't get home till like 1 on church nights.
Old June 28, 2012, 08:56 AM   #177
5thShock

When carrying a gun I usually feel busy trying to keep aware of what's going on around me so that if something bad happens I can get away from it so I won't have to use the damn thing.
Old June 28, 2012, 10:08 AM   #178
Double Impact

The same as I do at anytime!
Old June 28, 2012, 10:32 AM   #179
stantheman1976

I feel pretty, oh so pretty. I feel pretty, and witty, and bright.
Old June 30, 2012, 11:39 PM   #180
Stevie-Ray

Quote:
I feel pretty, oh so pretty. I feel pretty, and witty, and bright.
I thought that was gay.

Anyways, I feel safer. Now, I feel rather naked without it.
Old July 1, 2012, 12:09 AM   #181
Trockstroh

At first I felt odd, like I had a dirty little secret but then I realized that it was normal and i just went along with my day per usual.
Old July 1, 2012, 12:30 AM   #182
LockedBreech

I feel cautious, patient and non-confrontational. I let way more stuff slide. I know I can't afford to get into any unpleasantness because of the escalation potential.
Old September 4, 2012, 08:54 AM   #183
Red Dog

I didn't CC at the Labor day family picnic but that didn't stop a drunk uncle from making way to much noise about it. CC can be dangerous when others know that you might be.
Old September 4, 2012, 04:49 PM   #184
thedudeabides

A lot less confrontational and a lot more polite.

Also somewhat paranoid if anyone can spot my gun...
Old September 4, 2012, 05:37 PM   #185
wpsdlrg

I felt nervous (and that everyone MUST know) at first, but not anymore. I have been careful to gauge the reactions of any/all people I run across in stores, etc. - as part and parcel of keeping aware of my surroundings - to try to get a feel for whether anyone notices. So far, I am pretty certain that NO one has noticed - most people seem oblivious and not very observant. The ONE exception was a lady clerk in a home improvement store, after I foolishly reached up to get something with my right hand (and probably exposed the muzzle of my pistol). Her look at my waist area betrayed that she probably noticed, but she did not treat me any differently. I was courteous and kind, as is my policy.....and I think that she was not put off by it (she did not seem to be).

I should add that, as others have said already, I have begun to be even more courteous, patient and polite than before, too. Somehow, carrying a weapon has, I think, actually made me calmer and more confident in my dealings with the world. I certainly want to avoid any confrontations, as before, but CC has made me more mindful of the possibilities - and more careful.

Last edited by wpsdlrg; September 4, 2012 at 05:43 PM.
Old September 4, 2012, 05:59 PM   #186
Chuckusaret

No change in attitude when carrying but I do make it a point of being very aware of my surroundings, the make up of the crowd, escape routes etc., not paranoid, just want to be prepared to escape and/or defend myself and family.
Old September 4, 2012, 06:29 PM   #187
Woody55

At first, like the OP, I was rather nervous about it being spotted and being accused of brandishing. That went away, and now I don't think much about it.

What's left is a lot like some others have said. I feel a bit timid. I don't want to be involved in any sort of confrontation and avoid someone because I don't want the situation to escalate. I do not want to use the weapon.
Old September 5, 2012, 01:42 PM   #188
coop2564

I feel FREE!
Old September 6, 2012, 03:23 PM   #189
sureshot106

forget about it

just act like you always would. Don't keep checking to see if it's there. Then people will notice.