The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 20, 2010, 03:44 PM   #1
w_houle

9mm Glisenti load data?

Does anyone know where I can find it, or does anyone have any?
Old May 20, 2010, 03:52 PM   #2
ScottRiqui

I found two people that said that a 115 gr bullet and 4.0 gr of Bullseye would duplicate the factory load, but I would search Google for a bit and see if you can find more loads and/or verification of the above load.
Old May 20, 2010, 04:33 PM   #3
FEG

First, the bad news: I've never seen Glisenti load data, other than the 4.0 gr. Bullseye reference.

The good news: I've never looked very hard.

Which model is it for? A lot of the Glisenti pistols are stronger than the original M-10 Glisenti. According to Barnes' Cartridges of the World, military and commercial loadings of 9mm Glisenti had a nominal velocity of 1,050 fps with a 124gr bullet. That gives you some idea of your margin of safety.

Barnes lists the 4.0gr Bullseye load with a 116 gr bullet (3rd ed.). I will say that some of the loads from 3rd ed. have proven to be a little hot over the years. Someone with a more recent edition may chime in.