The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 10, 2012, 10:17 AM   #26
ThisIsMySig

Hey Dave,

Yeah, I figured that's what you meant but I wanted to be sure. You're right about interchanging the two terms. I debated between the tumbler and vibratory method before I purchased my cleaner. I figured a tumbler would take forever so I went with the vibratory cleaner.
Old June 10, 2012, 11:09 AM   #27
David Wile

Hey Sig,

I just noticed you are in Apache Junction. The last time I was out your way was February 2011. My brother and I were on a trip down the west coast from the top of the Olympic Peninsula to the Salton Sea in California.

Then we headed over into Arizona to see if I could find a place for me to winter over in my camper. I have frequently stayed at the San Pedro RV Resort outside Benson, and I really like it there, but at 4,500 feet above sea level, it would just be too cold for me. So I was thinking of Yuma and the Phoenix areas for warmth. I did not care so much for the Yuma area, and the whole Phoenix area is way too crowded for me. I did find the Skyline RV Resort east of Phoenix in Queen Creek to be a nice warm place and not quite so crowded as closer in toward Phoenix.

By the time we got there however, I had already been gone about six weeks and I missed my wife. She does not like to travel any more, and she told me to go by myself for the winters and come home in the spring. I was planning on doing that, but after my last trip out there, I knew that was not the answer for me. I just hate being away from the old gal very long.

So I decided to stay home for winters and turn the thermostat up. Now my wife and I fight over the thermostat. I turn it up, and she turns it down. Oh well, it beats being lonely.

Say hello to Apache Junction for me.

Best wishes,
Dave Wile
Old June 10, 2012, 11:10 AM   #28
TXGunNut

Put another mark under "decap, clean, size, clean". If I'm shooting BP it's "decap, wash, dry, size, clean". Slightly dirty primer pockets don't cause problems for me so I don't bother them.
My favorite recipes start out with a handful of used wheelweights.
Old June 10, 2012, 05:37 PM   #29
ThisIsMySig

Hey Dave

The nice thing about Arizona is that you can pick your climate based on elevation. Once you get into the Phoenix area, which is quite populated, it gets real hot in the spring/summer season. the farther east you go, the less populated it gets.

If you want to come out to the desert at a real nice time, come out in late Feb, March and April or Oct, Nov and early Dec. If you want hot, make that real hot as in 105 or better, then come out now.

We moved out here four years ago from New Jersey.

And all of Apache Junction says hi.