The Firing Line Forums
Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > S.W.A.T. Magazine

Old August 5, 2006, 04:54 PM   #1
Eghad

Terror at the 1972 Olympics

great article....

One of our assignments for some Homeland Security courses I am taking was a report on the movie Munich. We were also assigned to grab articles about various apects of the massacre and operations in the movie for a class discussion of what was wrong and right.

One of the things that we discussed was the the Palestinians might have been assisted by the East German Intelligence folks with intel. Did you hear anything about that?

Another thing we discussed was the operation at the airport. I wish we could have used this article in class as it covers everything from A-Z.

One question I have is that it was my understanding that the marksmen at the airport had no specific training as marksmen/snipers but were just police officers who were assigned the duty? Their superiors felt that because they hunted or for other reasons felt that they would be the best candidates?

I wish school had started i might be able to talk the instructors into a class project for a submission.

NRA Life Member
Eghad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5, 2006, 11:25 PM   #2
LSU12ga

mossad

One thing that was completley wrong about the movie was the way the Israelis gathered their intelligence. They used their own sources and never used the french guy you see in the movie. Mossad had their own sources of intelligence it would be to risky to tell everyone what was going on.

Great movie though. I don't think israel or any israeli (myself included) has ever forgiven the germans for not acting quicker.
LSU12ga is offline   Reply With Quote