The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 11, 1999, 11:55 AM   #1
Bennett Richards

Just wondering if Wilson's Armor-Tuff finish is durable and corossion resistant?

Ben
Old November 11, 1999, 03:17 PM   #2
Ricky T

Mr. Richards,
The Armor Tuff is very corrosion resistant. I have several friends who carry their Wilson pistols with that finish in inside the pants holsters, they sweat on them constantly (we live in Georgia, the summers are very hot and humid). The finish stand up very well to perspiration, oil, lubricant, cleaning solutions, etc. But like any other baked on moly-teflon finish, their durability has a limit. They stand up well to normal handling, but not to repeated holstering and unholstering, especially if you use Kydex holsters. My gun which has the same finish as the Armor Tuff started to show wear on the slide where it make contact with the holster after about 100-150 draws (3 months). My friends' Wilsons have the same type of wear on the slide. But not to worry the process can be reapplied thicker where the most abrasion occurs. Hope this helps.
Old November 12, 1999, 06:52 AM   #3
James Montes

Mr. Richards,

The ARMOR-TUFF finish on my WILSON COMBAT "stealth" is absolutely the best fire arms finish I have ever encountered! Like it better than SIG K-KOTE, ROBAR NP-3, TEFLON etc; It is very scratch resistant! I have carried mine back home numerous times, and still no scratches!!! I am sure that it has its limits. But like most of WILSONs innovative, high quality, and user conscious products they are "the best of the best!" Only draw back is the very "STEEP" $$$ on anything with "WILSON" name on it. I don't regret saving for 2yrs. to by my WILSON COMBAT CUSTOM 1911! It is absolutely the finest handgun I have ever had, and nothing compares to it. Not SIGs, Not HKs, Not Glocks, Nothing!!! I love SIG SAUER pistols and they shoot "outstanding!" However, my WILSON shoots "phenominally" and the attention to detail on these guns is unprecedented, the ARMOR-TUFF finish is one of those details.

If you want the "ULTIMATE PISTOL" WILSON COMBAT is it! Ya, they cost and arm and a leg. But, you don't live forever. So while your here, set side something for yourself. If your into pistols like I am "IN-TO" them treat yourself to one of these "MASTER PIECES" and live life to the fullest!

I promise there will be no regrets!

------------------
SURE SHOT