The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 7, 2005, 08:21 AM   #1
twoatlow8

Need 1300 stck to cut for youth

I'm sure all you guys out there who put folders and pistol grips on your 1300 didnt throw away the originals. I bought my son a 20ga. 1300 for Christmas but missed the last youth gun by mere minutes (on sale at Wal-mart for $150) and had to get a full size. I want an old stock to cut down so I can put the original back on as he grows. Thanks in advance!
Old December 10, 2005, 09:53 PM   #2
wingmaster

Short stock for 1300

You're in luck.

There are several after-market manufacturers of youth stocks for high-selling shotguns such as the 1300. Check out the Cabela's website in the hunting or shooting section, "search" for stock or shotgun stock and they'll direct you to a Hogue aftermarket stock for $49. You'll have other aftermarket options, as well. Do a Yahoo search for "shotgun stocks" and they'll list those manufacturers such as Uncle Mike's, Butler Creek, etc. Good luck. You'll be grateful you didn't get the youth model 1300 since you'll be able to use a cheap mis-matching stock for 3-4 years then switch back to the original stock for 30-40 years.
Old December 12, 2005, 07:18 PM   #3
Tacoma

They also have "tactical stocks" now that are designed to shoulder over body armor. Basicly a youth size. Brownels has a selection. You can also watch xbay. Stocks turn up there regularly.