The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old April 24, 2009, 04:17 PM   #1
jman841

Benelli Vinci

Hey, has anybody had any experience with this new shotgun the benelli Vinci?

http://www.benelliusa.com/shotguns/benelli_vinci.php

Seems really interesting. Its there inertia operated weapon with some sort of recoil reduction system and looks like it breaks down very easily. They hype it up alot on the website.

Anyone with opinions or experience?
Old April 24, 2009, 04:31 PM   #2
rjrivero

I've only seen the propaganda. My father, being 78, really is hoping this is going to allow him to shoot trap and skeet once again!!

He just doesn't like waking up the next morning sore. He says it takes the fun away from it.
Old April 24, 2009, 04:42 PM   #3
Wildalaska

I havent shot one yet but have sold a bunch and have played with them....they are very cool and I'm waiting for the tactical version

WildiheartheyaresoftshootingtooAlaska ™
Old April 24, 2009, 05:12 PM   #4
BigJimP

I have not seen the new gun in stores yet - but based on the video it looks like the same "Comfort Tech" recoil reduction system they have on a number of their current models like the "Super Sport".

I have a Super Sport - and I think its a good system. My gun will cycle very light loads in 12ga of 7/8 oz as long as they are 1200 fps - so anyone that is recoil sensitive ought to have no trouble with them - and still be able to shoot a gun that is around 7lbs gross weight.

I have a lot of shoulder problems - and while I have Gra Coil systems on some of my Trap guns - pushing around a 10lb shotgun really takes its toll on my shoulders. On days I feel fine - an 8 1/2 lb O/U for Skeet or sporting clays is ok / on days I'm not up to it, I grab the Benelli Super Sport. They also make a 20ga version of the Super Sport ( but its a little shorter / and since my 12ga will cycle 7/8 oz loads, the 12ga is a little softer shooting - ( even though they both have the Comfort Tech system in them ).

But you don't have to wait for the new gun - to try the Comfort Tech system in the Super Sport or some of their other synthetic stocked models.
Old April 24, 2009, 06:35 PM   #5
Old Guard Dog

I think the recoil absorbing stock is a great idea. Let's see how it holds up. Would be great if they could be made for other brands.
Old April 25, 2009, 05:34 AM   #6
earlthegoat2

Based on looks and theory alone I would say it is no less recoiling than any of their other offers. It is still the same recoil operated action as all their guns. Yes Benelli claims they are soft shooting but if they are so soft shooting then why did Benelli have to design a recoil absorbing stock for it.

Basically Benellis better offerings are the ones that come with wood stocks. The Ultra Light is very nice indeed.
Old November 13, 2009, 09:33 AM   #7
frolic1

I have both a Benelli M4 and a Vinci. Last weekend I shot the same shells, 1 oz, 1290 fps, and the recoil felt about the same. Also both shells cycled the shells with no problems. This weekend I'll try some 7/8 oz Winlite shells and some Remington MR 00 buckshot. There should be less recoil but I'll have to wait to see whether they cycle properly in both guns.
Old November 13, 2009, 10:04 AM   #8
cat9x

From someone who actually owns one with firsthand experience though it is nearly half a pound lighter than my father's M2 field the felt recoil of the Vinci is identical. The action is not the same to their other designs, it's an inline internia system, not exactly "revolutionary" as the claim but different indeed. I've yet to have any malfunctions in my Vinci, it's butt ugly no doubt, but looks aside I put it to my shoulder and it was a perfect fit.
Old November 16, 2009, 05:37 PM   #9
Bresciano

Earlthegoat said: "Based on looks and theory alone I would say it is no less recoiling than any of their other offers. It is still the same recoil operated action as all their guns. Yes Benelli claims they are soft shooting but if they are so soft shooting then why did Benelli have to design a recoil absorbing stock for it."

Benelli didn't say that the Vinci is soft-shooting because the laws of physics don't apply to this gun! It's soft-shooting exactly because Benelli installed a recoil-absorbing stock on the gun. That's what makes it different!
Bresciano
Old November 22, 2009, 06:46 PM   #10
cwb

one of the guys at my skeet club has one and he says he loves it and he was saying that it has almost no recoil

they are not cheap but nothing benelli is....i really want a an m2 soo bad
Old November 23, 2009, 03:51 PM   #11
frolic1

Don't believe the no recoil crap. The gun has a kick, but slightly less, if you use the lighter loads. Where it really shines is with the heavy loads where it has significantly less recoil than the same shells fired from many other shot guns.