The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old February 7, 2009, 02:59 PM   #26
dgang

Seems in vogue to knock Wolf and Golden Bear ammo as junk. In my humble opinion these people haven't shot this ammo for awhile. The newest Wolf is not mil spec, has commercial primers, a poly coating on the steel case ( not military lacquor) modern clean powder, and can be bought with a copper jacket, not the military bi-metal. It is not made for the military but for American shooters. By the way, my Mini-30 will shoot 10 rounds into a circle the size of a baseball with just a fixed 2x Aimpoint scope.
Old February 7, 2009, 09:03 PM   #27
joe58

I agree w/Doc a Russian is the way I would go! I have a Russian SKS-45 and it does very well for me. I would stay away from an AK-47 althrough it a fun gun to shot this gun was made for a different purpose not for target. The ruger mini is also a good choice if you search the net you will be able to pick one up for a good price I have seen them as low as 475.00.also if you just want it for target there are bolt gun everywere.
Old February 8, 2009, 01:27 AM   #28
1BigOak

i shot an sks last weekend some guys at a clay pit we plink in had. i was impressed. it was a norinco and he said he paid $140 for it last year and he loved it,so did i. this weekend i went to a gunshow and bought a sks yugo in great shape. guns were selling like hotcakes. the prices have soared. i got mine for $450.00 . man i cant believe that even the ones not nearly as nice were still in that range. but what the hell, they arent gonna get any cheaper now that hr645 came out finally mentioning fema camps and the collapse of the dollar is likely. the crowd at the show was said to be about triple normal size. ammo was there in mountainous piles and dwindling down fast.
it seems alout more people than i ever thought learn that if the dollar collapses FORCE MAJEURE will be declared and martial law will ba declared. seems theres a nervousness going around. wish i could of gotten the price you guys mentioned for your sks's.
in the last week ive heard cnn.forbes and wall street journal all mention we need the AMERO and NORTH AMERICAN UNION.