The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old June 4, 2011, 01:35 PM   #51
nazshooter

A lot of folks are talking about getting behind cover but most apartments I've been in don't have any cover.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Old June 6, 2011, 09:52 AM   #52
doofus47

Domestic Disturbances don't seem to happen in a vacuum, in my personal (limited) experience. Whenever my neighbors have had a habit of yelling at each other, they seem to do it ALOT. You can't really tell who is the "bad person" in any particular episode of a blown up relationship. Who is going to snap first and reach for a weapon? Usually, it's the guy, but sometimes it's the woman. Sometimes it's a visiting family member.

You might WANT to help someone, but domestic problems are too often a case of "can't tell your players without a program." Adding an additional firearm to a boiling pot of crazy isn't going to make things safer, imho.

If I'm at my kitchen table and I hear shooting from an apartment that has a history of noise and drama, I wouldn't rush into it. I'd dial 911 and wait for the police. It's crappy and unheroic, but I know I'm not omniscient.
Old June 6, 2011, 10:06 AM   #53
youngunz4life

to the OP

I would call the police, and I would have my weapons ready(this incident calls for the ready of at least two firearms in my opinion). I would stay inside with my family out of the way of windows, door(s), and any other bad area.

If possible, I would also have the most likely entry area covered by my shotgun just in case the assailant came into our domain. This should be pretty easy since the assailant's target has nothing to do with me and my family(I think many could gather this at an apartment complex - they would hear yelling and a commotion coming from nextdoor, not just random gunshots).
Old June 11, 2011, 02:55 PM   #54
bullethole1

I would of just shot through the door!