The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 10, 2001, 05:22 PM   #1
wolf 1415

Got the small Dillon tumbler and have going at it for 2 hours each time. Will the crap around the bottom inside ever come out? I'm using the Dillon media and polish. Thanks in advance.
"If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with Army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of constitutional privilege." Wilson vs. State, Ark. 1878
Old February 10, 2001, 06:15 PM   #2
Rokchukrslave

I assume you are talking about the "crap" inside the case at the bottom where the flash hole is? Don't worry about it, load 'em and shoot 'em.
Old February 10, 2001, 06:54 PM   #3
Sub MOA

Hence the need for primer pocket brushes. If you're talking about actually inside the case (where the powder sits), the media action doesn't really do the trick in there. Not super important. Just give the inside of the necks a couple scrubs with a neck brush and you're ready to reload.

Sub
Old February 11, 2001, 10:39 PM   #4
dick w. holliday

tumbling

i generally run for 1 hour or less with walnut shells with no cleaner added--all i want to do is clean them-if i was going to sell them or something a may go further but for now clean is ok--i also tumble rifle loads with lube on then just to get the lube off 10 minutes is about for me...Dick