The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old October 1, 2000, 06:29 AM   #1
Al Thompson
Staff Alumnus

Hi folks,

Just received some heavy wool pants from an outfit called Sportsmans Guide. The pants are excellent, OD, heavy wool.

I suspect many have seen the comic book style catalogs. The merchandise is reasonably (!) priced, but there are a few pre-cautions. Some of their stuff is in odd sizes. Heavy on the small/xsmall, you have to check for your size.

They have a good return policy and seem accomodating.
www.sportsmansguide.com

Giz
Old October 1, 2000, 01:29 PM   #2
BadMedicine

The sportsmansguide runs a fair-show! I've ordered from them many times. The thing is they buy surpluss from other countries that sometimes have strange sizes. I bout an swiss army white and black camoflauge cover-all suite for $25!!! I bought a pair of $150 doc martins for $60. and alot of there other stuff is pricd very well. Another cool thing is that once you buy, your on their mailing list for a long, long time, and they have alot of neat stuff to look through...even if you're not buying.
Old October 1, 2000, 05:34 PM   #3
DarkStar

Another in favor of 'The Guide'. Always had excellent service and products going back several years.

They recently blew a boot order for me. Wrong everything... one call and the replacement was on its way along with a shipping label to send the incorrect order back.

Gizmo, I've got 3 pair of the OD wool pants. They're tough as iron, and the overcoats are nice, as well.

Darryl