The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old March 18, 2015, 09:42 PM   #26
Venom1956

I love his threads.
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug
Old March 18, 2015, 11:18 PM   #27
Fjblair

Trolled?
Old March 19, 2015, 09:06 AM   #28
GermanShep

Quote:
Trolled?
Quote:
I love his threads.
Haha, yes! Whenever I see an xboxhero thread I make sure and check back on a regular basis for entertainment value.
Old March 19, 2015, 10:14 AM   #29
Mosin-Marauder

That's rather rude.
William Tecumseh Sherman
Old March 19, 2015, 10:40 AM   #30
GermanShep

Rude? How?

He asks a question and then people chime in with all of their opinions and get impatient when they don't feel like he is taking their advice! Its entertaining.
Old March 19, 2015, 11:16 AM   #31
Mosin-Marauder

I didn't see any advice he didn't follow. I saw advice he couldn't follow, as he has already sold the gun. I also don't see him asking any questions, either.

He made a mistake to some degree, I'm sure you have too.
William Tecumseh Sherman
Old March 19, 2015, 11:46 AM   #32
GermanShep

Ok, I meant no offense. I guess I don't take some things as seriously as some people around here and was commenting on my amusement.

Obviously I have made mistakes before, you are correct.
Old March 19, 2015, 11:46 AM   #33
g.willikers

If he sleeps better knowing his rifle went to a gun store instead of an unknown individual, it's money well spent - er, lost.
No harm.
If he builds another one hisself, he should also know he will probably lose again when he goes to sell that one, too.
Home builds just don't carry the value of one made by those who do it for a living.
Things like experience, reputation, warranties, and such are important to buyers.
Old March 19, 2015, 11:48 AM   #34
Mosin-Marauder

Quote:
Ok, I meant no offense. I guess I don't take some things as seriously as some people around here and was commenting on my amusement.

Obviously I have made mistakes before, you are correct.
No, it's not a problem. It's just things like troll-calling aren't really liked by the mods here. No harm done.
William Tecumseh Sherman
Old March 22, 2015, 03:32 PM   #35
xboxhero

ok. i won't go cheap on gun parts then. it is currency trading i was talking about. eur/usd
Old March 22, 2015, 03:57 PM   #36
tahunua001

I don't exactly get the purpose of currency trading, especially when using cryptocurrencies like bitcoin. to the uninitiated, it makes a certain sense to convert currency from one national standard to another(such as USD to BPS) if you intend to exchange while one currency is at a low point and convert back once exchange rates have shifted. however this is not a short term investment and is just as volatile and unstable as the stock exchange, you could win big if a UAE dirham all of a sudden earns the same exchange value of a USD but you have just as much of a chance of the UAE economy taking a nose dive and it could be absolutely worthless. there is also the problem of exchanging the currency as most entities that make exchanges charge a percentage. bit coin is no different. the value of a bit coin is not stable as was originally theorized and instances of people investing all their money in bitcoin and losing a large portion has already been documented. every currency must have some standard for which to base it's value on, be it paper, coin, or digital. the value of a bitcoin went from nearly $1200 at the beginning of 2014 to about $250 at the beginning of this year, making it the most volatile form of currency out there.

the only advantage of bitcoin is that it is extremely difficult to trace transactions so often times that is the required method of payment by ransomware firms such as crypto locker.
Old March 22, 2015, 04:23 PM   #37
Skadoosh

Quote:
You're getting 'all the goodies' but skimping on the barrel? Seriously?
This. And a top-shelf trigger.
Old March 22, 2015, 04:28 PM   #38
jason.jardine72

I sold my Ruger Mark lll hunter target 4.5 inch stainless steel coco bolo handles with three mag and a speed loader I paid 550$ for this limited run of 850 which is now discontinued it was claimed by all magazines as the best 22 on the market I trained 25 30 people on it and used it every third day for 5 years and it should no sign of wear at all a gentleman in Quebec wanted it bad he gave me 300 more than I paid I know if I waited I would have gotten over 1200 for it but let him have some fun!!!
Old March 24, 2015, 05:47 AM   #39
xboxhero

i invested over 154 dollars and i was making like 85 cents or more a day. i think the most i made was 2.90. i was making money everyday like 4 days in a row straight after i learned how to trade it right. then the last day i stopped trading it i lost 15.25. i started with 250, didn't know what i was doing, went to 216 then learned how to trade it right and went up to like 226 then i ended up losing 15.25 after using my same winning stratagey so i ended up with like just over 211.00 in my account. i found out you can lose big on it and only make a little bit of money a day trading forex. i was trading eur/usd in the morning. the only brand barrel i seen so far with a 1/7 twist was psa. i wouldn't trust their products personally.
Old March 24, 2015, 06:43 AM   #40
Mosin-Marauder

xbox,

Just some advice. Maybe invest some in bullion? Silver, Gold Eagles.

But now I'm getting off topic. (http://www.govmint.com)

Also, PSA has some very nice uppers. Buying one for my AR.

Good luck with whatever you do.

Regards,

-Mo.
William Tecumseh Sherman
Old March 24, 2015, 06:49 AM   #41
Moomooboo

Xbox. Think of your trading as an investment toward learning. I made a 5k trading mistake. That was expensive. But as long as you dont make stupid mistakes again in the rnd youll come out ahead. 50 dollar loss might be big now, but that wont be mich once you get a job
Old March 24, 2015, 11:22 PM   #42
BigBL87

Not sure why you wouldn't trust PSA products, especially their barrels since a number of them are made by FN. PSA's main knock is shipping time, not quality. Their PTAC line has had its issues, but other than that their reputation has been decent as far as quality goes
Old March 24, 2015, 11:48 PM   #43
Venom1956

Quote:
Not sure why you wouldn't trust PSA products
I wouldnt worry about it. PSA has solid products idk why you wouldnt trust FN to build a barrel
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug
Old March 25, 2015, 12:22 AM   #44
BigBL87

FWIW, doing a bit of research it looks like it's primarily Wilson and FN that make PSA's barrels.
Old March 25, 2015, 07:51 PM   #45
xboxhero

sounds like a good barrel then.