The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 10, 1999, 02:23 PM   #1
Cato

Please post your opinions and experiences with it.

Thanks for any info

Cato
Old August 10, 1999, 06:32 PM   #2
JA

I haven't had much luck with it. Got one to use for loading 9mm 115 Remington hp's. I works well for about 100 bullets then the fingers spread out/loose tenstion and it starts dropping bullets. I tried the dropping the feed fingers in boiling water per instructions. This made them work for another 100 rounds them they lost tenstion again.
Now I load 100 rounds then cross one finger over the other and let it sit for a few minutes. This restores the tenstion for another 100 rounds. I am going to order some more feed fingers to see if mine are defective or not.
Even with the feed fingers looseing tenstion every 100 rounds the speed of reloading is greatly speeded up. The multi tube attachment works well.
Old August 10, 1999, 07:54 PM   #3
Trooper

I used to load 40 S&W with it on a Loadmaster. I found that the lighter weight bullets (135-150 grain) tend to fall out of the tubes when the fingers retract to capture a bullet. There is just not enough weight to prevent them from falling, even with the tubes full. Works great with 180 grain bullets, once you get it set up right, for about 80-100 rounds. If you get it, order extra feed fingers, you'll need them.