The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old February 16, 2006, 01:37 AM   #51
redster

i got one, came with the beretta. cant imagine ever needing it though
Old February 16, 2006, 08:44 AM   #52
Chris Phelps

Quote:
I never knew the made a " Bullet proof " vest?

Yep, they sure do...

They are on the rack right next to the "silencers".
Bushmaster Superlight AR-15 5.56mm / Custom 24" Heavy BBL Varmint AR-15 5.56mm / Ruger M77 .257 Roberts / Ruger MKI 22LR Pistol / EAA Witness 9mm Pistol / Daisy 2202 22LR / Remington Viper 522 22LR / Stevens 200 .223 / Savage 10FP 24" .308 / Mauser 98 Sporter 30-06
Old February 16, 2006, 12:39 PM   #53
FLIP SIDE

Go a couple, my 1st one was a secondchance IIa bought it back in 91, wore it when I was station oversease, (hi threat), then got another with ceramic plate before going to S/Arabia in 98, my unit wont even issue one , each on his own, we where on TC Delta then.
Old February 17, 2006, 12:24 PM   #54
Eric Conaway

I have a body armor fragmentation protective vest.

I am am glad that this question was asked. Several years ago my dad got this vest. I always thought that it was a bulletproof vest until just now. I found a booklet in the vest that says, "This vest does not protect you against small arms fire."
John 3:16

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.”
Article 6, section 2 of the Constitution
Old February 18, 2006, 10:06 PM   #55
Don P

How many?

I own seven one for each day of the week.
Old February 22, 2006, 03:22 PM   #56
OHMRMP

I have an old PASGT and a MOLLE Plate Carrier but no plates, I've been meaning to get those.

I'm an MP in the Ohio Military Reserve, so I have purchase my own uniforms, gear etc...But there's legislation going through that should change that.
Old February 24, 2006, 04:57 PM   #57
BlueTrain

I understand that it may be illegal in some jurisdicitons to wear body armor while armed, which is ridiculous, but for mere possession to be illegal strikes me as sheer arrogance on the part of authority. They apparently want to retain the ability to shoot you!

Be that as it may, one gun writer (Ayoob, I believe) recommended wearing body armor at the range and that doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Personally, I don't own any and never have.
Buy War Bonds.
Old February 24, 2006, 05:32 PM   #58
Charles S

I have several. I think a level IIA vest in your roll out kit is an excellenct idea.

Charles
Old February 24, 2006, 05:40 PM   #59
Bender711

Well, my dad has one, and I almost bought one, but didnt have quite enough money at the time.
Old February 24, 2006, 08:35 PM   #60
kozak6

To tell the truth, chain mail is all I need if zombies get that close.

Zombies can't shoot, right?
Old February 24, 2006, 09:22 PM   #61
wayneinFL

I have an old ballistic vest. Second Chance, I think. Bought it on ebay.

Why do I have it? That's what happens when I'm on ebay late at night.

It's kinda like my boat motor. I have a 10hp evinrude that I have no idea what to do with. That's another thing that happened when I was on Ebay late at night. Kinda useless without a boat.

I need to go on there late at night and buy a holster for a gun I don't own. It'll go nice with the brass I've saved up to load for the 45 LC I don't own.
Old February 25, 2006, 12:00 AM   #62
Yoshi

I have a second chance IIIa vest , its on a hanger between the wall and head board of my bed.
i got it for home defense and then had the idea of use it during deer season under my Cammie's when hunting state land...lots of hunters.
Ive never used it for either.
Old February 25, 2006, 01:24 PM   #63
westphoenix

wayneinFL, pretty funny.

I believe most states have a law, which adds penalties for wearing a vest during the commission of a crime.

I don't have one, but thought about getting one for that day I win the Powerball and have to go cash that ticket.

I would like to have one for pistols rounds. Something lightweight and comfortable (as can be). What should I expect to pay for something like this in new or like new condition? Don't know when or where I would wear it, but hey I have a tactical vest I can wear over it.

Also, who has a gas mask?
I thought about buying one of these too. Who knows why.
Old February 26, 2006, 03:46 PM   #64
WarDoctor

bullet "proof" vest

I own several including a level III: all with ballistic plates rated to 308. I often perform forensic evaluations (including amytal interviews) on people (e.g. insurance fraud defendents) who would tear off your testicles and make your wife eat them, if you're not careful; thus, I am armed and protected at all times while working.
Soon, civilians will not be able to get ballistic vests at all (I had to show all kinds of credentials, that most of you don't come any where close to possessing, to get mine), as it does not matter if you die; only the cops and soldiers' lives matter to the system that is evolving before your very eyes; bet you didn't really know that or haven't thought about it.
Get one while you can; if you can. Level II at least, preferably level III with a plate for the front and back.
wardoctor